Is it necessary to have an organization license to test this project ?

Hello,

I want to use the implementation of wireguard-apple on an app project https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-apple

My problem is quite simple, on the documentation it is written :

Rename and populate developer team ID file:
$ cp WireGuard/WireGuard/Config/Developer.xcconfig.template WireGuard/WireGuard/Config/Developer.xcconfig
$ vim WireGuard/WireGuard/Config/Developer.xcconfig

I want to know if I can compile this code on an emulator, with Xcode and without a “premium” developer license for tests ?

I have these messages on Signing tab :

Your development team, "XYZ", does not support the Network Extensions and Access WiFi Information capabilities.
Provisioning profile "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: P4ZDV7B967.wireguard" doesn't support the Access WiFi Information, App Groups, and Network Extensions capability.
Provisioning profile "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: P4ZDV7B967.wireguard" doesn't include the com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension,
com.apple.developer.networking.wifi-info,
and com.apple.security.application-groups entitlements.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

I want to know if I can compile this code on an emulator, with Xcode and without a “premium” developer license for tests ?

I’m not sure what you mean by “premium developer license” so I’m going to answer in general terms…

To sign with the NetworkExtension entitlements you must be a member of a paid developer programme. See Supported capabilities for more.

Also, you wrote:

I want to know if I can compile this code on an emulator

If you’re talking about the iOS Simulator here, be aware that, because of the way they interact with the networking stack, NetworkExtension providers only work on real hardware.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"