Suddenly app rejection because tester cannot login

My app was approved the last 3 years with no real problems.

Suddenly the tester cannot login to the server anymore.

The servers are not under my control and the login routine is fixed by the server owners.

It uses XML-RPC with HTTP and UDP.

My testing on simulator and real devices even on EDGE, 3G, LTE even with packet loss up to 10 % .... did never show a problem.

i can only guess the tester is using a firewall, network setting or ISP that blocks the IPs, ports ...

Problems started with the US work from home, i think.

Unfortunately i cannot get the server logs for failed login or wild guess the network settings used at testing to reproduce the issue while 100s of users have no problem signing in the servers.

Should i ask for a technician or how to explain to the tester that it might be his network/firewall/ISP ?

(IPV6 works because that was needed for approval long before 2020)

greetings
Tom

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Monti Down vote post of Monti
1.5k views

Replies

So this issue is not fixed yet ? (it started 3 month ago)

It boggles my mind how mods on this forum are just ignoring this issue even if there are suddenly a dozen of post reporting that Apple reviewers can't receive UDP packet since a few months ?

What's going on ? This must be a Bug, how UDP protocol can be blocked ? Is this a new Apple standard or something ?
So for the rest of us who can't use TCP fallback or don't have friends working at Apple, we are stuck forever at the review process.
Great