Hide certain app from app library

Is there a way to exclude certain apps from showing up in app library. Kind of like hiding an app from search etc.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of norm Down vote post of norm
36k views
  • Yes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhfIhMIqus

• This site will help you better.. ; [https://not.justsolutionsproducts.com/how-to-hide-certain-app-from-app-library/)

• Both replies are completely incorrect. Those tutorials are telling you to disable the apps, not hide them, which means that you can't open them at all!

Add a Comment

Replies

I haven’t found a way to completely remove the app from the library. However, you can limit an app from being prominently displayed in the App Library. This is accomplished similarly to the way one would hide an app from search.

Steps to take:
  1. First, launch settings.

2. Then scroll down until you find the app you’d like to hide and tap the app to expand it’s settings.

3. Next, tap “Siri & Search” to modify those settings.

4. Toggle the “Suggest App” switch to control the app’s display within the App Library.

While the app can still be discovered by searching within the App Library or by expanding an app category, the app icon will no longer display so prominently.
  • You’ re an app god

• Thank you so much I’m trying to limit my Instagram usage and this helps so much !

Add a Comment

Are you still looking for a solution for this?

If so, the hiddenvaultapp.com/blog has a great article that shows you how to do this.

• Like can you hide the app from the App Library

Add a Comment

I have disabled all the options under Siri and search; but still the App is showing in my app library.

• Yes, the same has happened to me. There is no option to completely remove an app from App Library so far. I would like so much to do it in order to hide all my financial apps from third party (armed robbery?) or even from thieves in case my phone was stolen.

Add a Comment

Yeah apple definitely needs to fix this because there’s a bunch of apps I would love to have but I can’t just for the fact I need to hide them from the boyfriend like Snapchat or Instagram so update it!!!!

• LITERALLY WHY IM HERE. LMAO. FWM THOUGH 👀

• Y’all are ******, selfish people. People that play with other HUMANS emotions & purposefully lie & manipulate just cuz they get off on hurting others are disgusting ****. And YES, cheating cuz “iT’s ExCitiNg” is LITERALLY getting off on causing someone else pain. Your literally EXCITED by the thought of breaking someone’s ❤️, & that sh!t is vile. Bet u only go after taken men, too- That way it’s TWICE the excitement cuz your destroying TWICE as many people’s ability to trust. Pure TRASH

• If that is your desire, your relationship has bigger problems than hiding apps.

Add a Comment

you can either

1. respect your boyfriend & relationship 💀
  2. break up with your boyfriend

_ if that’s not the case then you shouldn’t be in a relationship where u need to hide things

• the people here are too grown to be hiding apps for relationship reasons the person above legit said they want it hidden in case a ****** takes their phone

• what if i wanna hide from my mom..................

Add a Comment

[Ruaursitdiyxkydyi](hgg.come m)

It possible to hide apps from Home Screen, App Library and Spotlight search in iPhone with iOS 16 and above. We made an app made it easy.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1645472970

Facts about Hide Apps:

• Hide from Home screen.
  • Hide from App library.
  • Hide from App search.
  • Hide from Settings App list.
  • Some system apps like Phone, Settings can not be hidden. Also you can not hide A1Blocker itself.
  • Hidden apps do not show notification in hidden state.
  • If you launch app before hide it, these hidden app may still running after triggering hidden state, and you won't see their UI until you un-hide it.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of iret Down vote reply of iret
  • Thank you, the app works!!

Add a Comment