Xcode 12 beta 3 WidgetKit Unable to Load Intent

I have a Widget which can be configured with a location through and Intent.

After updating to Xcode 12 beta 3, when I long tap the widget to pick a location, the widget rotates and only shows "Unable to load"

Anybody else getting this?

Replies

This seems to be a bug. I created a new Xcode project and added a WidgetKit extension with ConfigurationIntent. Still does not work.
same issue here
The strangest thing that Apple's sample code from WWDC2020 masterclass works just fine and I can't figure out why
Got the same error. Intents loaded fine in Beta 2...
was able to fix this by removing all of my app's widgets from the simulator and adding them again. Configurable Intents are now working again.
Hmm... I'm still getting the same issue ("Unable to load") with my widget on Xcode beta 3 even if I remove all my widgets and add a new widget. It doesn't even work when I delete the app from the simulator/device and reinstall. Did you need to do anything else to get it working on beta 3? It worked fine with beta 2.
Same issue here, the Emoji Rangers sample does seem to work for configuration, but mine does not. Xcode 12 beta 3, simulator or device.
Same issue here with intent-based widgets.
  • 1. Same issue. Not only is it broken, it's inconsistent. Even the demo app "Emoji Rangers" from Apple only shows a functional widget sometimes. This is quite frustrating.

Same issue here, it at least wastes me one hour before reaching this question.
Hi,
try to check if the intent file has target membership in app target and widget target. If you have selected only widget target, it will not work correctly.
  • This was exactly my issue... thanks!

Add a Comment
Same issue. Broken since Beta 3. Both on device and simulator.
Same for me as well. My intent based widgets are not working. But "Emoji Rangers" from Apple seems to be working
Looks like it's a bug, answered by a Systems Engineer in another question, though even in that question the provided workaround seems to be broken now in Xcode 12 Beta 3. 😢
I had this too. Fixed by adding an intent extension to the project.