Obj converted with Reality converter fails to show on Quicklook

Hi all,
I have an .obj model which I converted using Reality converter.
When trying to load it in safari quicklook, it pops up an error "Object requires a newer version of iOS"
I'm on an iPhone X with iOS 13.6.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Replies

Hi Ed, did you solved it? I am facing the same issue </3
I also have the same issue here. Please let me know if you find a resolution.
Ed, just a note. This seems to be a generic error. My issue was that the folder did not have proper permissions where the USDZ file lived in the cloud. One i changed the permissions the error went away. For some of my larger models the error I get is Universal Scene Description Package Zero KB. This also seems like generic error. I would recommend downloading one of the Apple USDZ examples and trying it in your app.

https://developer.apple.com/augmented-reality/quick-look/
Im getting this after updating to the latest to iOS. 14.4
Also getting the same issue after updating to iOS 14.4.
I am facing the same error and I am using also iOS 14.4

Check is your object's name is typed correctly, or have a space in front of the object's name. it works for me.

Good evening @edmarvis:

Several years after your entry and I'm experiencing this same issue with iOS17.

Only as an extended info on this issue. I see that hosting the "CosmonautSuit_en.reality" example from Apple (https://developer.apple.com/augmented-reality/quick-look/) in my server, that same message "Object requires a newer version of iOS." is shown on screen when I try to access it from a button in my user interface. On iOS16 and below, the access to the AR works as intended.

Please, note that I'm using an Apple's generated (and so perfectly formed) .reality file, so it leads me to think that the problem might be related to something in my hosting server.

Could be something related with "extra" security specification for the hosting server that has been changed on iOS17. I'm saying here "extra" because I have running at the moment a valid SSL/TLS certificate, so I wonder if HSTS would be also necessary.

In parallel, I've noted that the direct access to the .reality file (typing its URL in the address box of Safari) do work, and you can access the AR experience, when clicking the on-the-fly poster generated by Quick Look AR (QLAR). Also, not specifying the rel="ar" attribute in the anchor tag makes the trick, and again after showing the on-the-fly generated poster, you are transported to the AR by clicking it down.

Thanks for your time.

• I am having the same problem. Previously made and working .reality and .USDZ files are not working now safari on IOS17. Its something on the safari end because if you download chrome for IOS and view them through chrome they pop up and work just fine.

would love apple to fix this.

Add a Comment