Xcode 12 beta 4 can not download and install Symbols for watchOS 7.0 (18R5350e). Failed to download package from ADC.

I just updated to Xcode 12 beta 4, watchOS 7.0 beta 4, iOS 14 beta 4 and Xcode is unable to install a watch extension App for testing. I receive an error stating: "There are no valid accounts registered with Xcode that have the ability to access this resource."

I signed out and back in to my developer account in Xcode preferences, quit Xcode, disconnected and reconnected my iPhone, and also tried to unpair / repair the device with Xcode.

Any help?

Accepted Reply

Confirmation, you got it right!

Working properly under…

macOS Big Sur Version 11.0 Beta (20A5374g),
Xcode Version 12.2 beta (12B5018i) for
Watch Series 5: 'Library > Developer > Xcode > watchOS DeviceSupport > Watch5,2 7.1 (18R5552f)'

Thank you Cupertino, you made my day ;-)

Replies

Also having this problem.

I see that's it has happened in earlier betas for watchOS 3 and tried some of the solutions that worked back then, but haven't managed to resolve it as of now. I'm using Apple Watch 5 as my test platform....I might try a series 3 that I still have and see if its related to specific model?
I've now tried a series 3 watch and it works without this issue.
sounds a bit like apple forgot to upload the dmg file for series 5
Yes I am using the Series 5... hmm... I wonder if there is someone to reach out to or if we are stuck till the next Beta?
Happening for my Series 4, as well.

I really hope that Apple fixes this process — this is at least the third time this has happened in the past 6 months, and losing multiple days of being able to run and debug on-device is incredibly frustrating.
I am also seeing this issue.
Raised radar ticket FB8293243
I am having this same issue with the Apple Watch Series 5 and Xcode 12 beta 4, watchOS 7.0 beta 4, iOS 14 beta 4 . No solution found yet.
i am seeing this issue as well. I cannot install an independent watchOS app on my Series 4 cellular.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of dan Down vote reply of dan
Just tried again tonight and it seems like it's now fixed. Presumably whatever file was needed has been put in the right place on Apples server.
I tried it now, and it is still now working with my Watch Series 5.
On Xcode, Devices and Simulators, your iPhone, if you click on the warning, then the details button, there's a long description stating your developer email and the exact URL that is not accessible.

In my case, if I login to developer.apple.com, and then try to access https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/watchOS_18R5350e/Watch3_4_18R5350e.dmg it tells me I have no permissions.

So this is something to be fixed on the server side, not on the developer machine. Not gonna be solved by logging out and in or pairing devices.

I've double checked I've approved everything, and have my device UDID on the list, so not sure I can do anything else.

Bummer.
Update: I've noticed my developer certificate will expire tomorrow, so I've generated a new one, and now I can deploy on my watch again. Either the new certificate has reset something on the server side, or apple is already rejecting it even though there's still some hours left until the 11th of august. I'd recommend to double check your developer home page and see if there's anything to approve, if the device's are still on the list, and if your certificates are still valid and up-to-date. Hope this can help someone.
FB8275455

Welcome to the club! My saying since watchOS 6.2.8 Beta…

THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Hoping for the next Beta release. Forget about trying anything, your credentials and developer account are perfectly intact.

This issue is well known and has happened already years before…

Apple, PLEASE fix this rubbish now and forever.

Kind regards.
YES!!! Whoever this was, I owe you a buck of beer. Thank you very much indeed ;-)

The watchOS 7.0 Beta (18R5350e) Debug Symbols just came in several minutes ago!

Everything compiling and working now on-device (!) as expected.

Kind regards