iOS 14 iPhone folders disappearing

When rearranging the home screen and subsequent pages, folders containing apps will spontaneously vanish, leaving the app icons on the pages. It may be related to widgets moving on the page.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Greg Lawhorn Down vote post of Greg Lawhorn
38k views
  • I have IOS 14.6 what happen to Photo folder disappear when I connect to PC

Add a Comment

Replies

My friend and I have been having the exact same issue, however, we only manage to make it happen accidentally and never when we want to in order to see what causes the vanishing exactly.
  • Me as well. Ever since I've upgraded to Iphone 13 pro. my apps seem to disappear on there own. I woke up this am and all apps and folders on one page had disappeared but are still installed. Why???

Add a Comment
I have had this issue since beta 1 and it is still there in beta 4. It is intermittent so not easy to recreate, really though they would have fixed it by now though.
Happened to me today too. Trying to fix it just made it worse.
Happening since beta 5 for me too. Extremely frustrating and have given up trying to fix my home screen as I just get into a loop of this bug happening.
I had this issue last night. Was trying to configure the widgets on the side home screen and next thing I know, a good portion of my folders have disappeared and the apps are now in alphabetical order. It was only some of the folders though. Really annoying since I have pretty much all my apps placed in folders.
  • Same issue. I have several neatly organized folders with well categorized apps inside. After updating to iOS 14.7.1 many of them are gone and replaced with generic titled folders containing various apps. These new generic folders are brainless and the apps they contain do not belong.

Total mess! Apple better fix this or I’m tossing this phone in the trash can. 😡

Add a Comment
Having this problem as well after updating to the public release. Not sure exactly when/how it happened but was playing around with widgets. Next thing I know, at least the apps from the folders on the home screen have been removed from their folders and are in alphabetical order. Had a bunch of folders and don't feel like organizing so just going to restore to backup from pre-update.
I have this issue as well. 400+ apps which were neatly organized in folders are now scattered across 16 pages.
Here too. I’m not a dev, just a user on the public release. Just lost 16 folders of apps. Pretty gutted tbh.
User-centric questions/complaints for release OSs are perhaps better suited for Apple's public community forums rather than risk off-topic here in devForums, thanks and good luck.
I have this since beta 1!!!
and now this is final version and this not fix!!
if you add widget.. all apps jump to home screens and folders are gone :(((
Same here... iPhone XS, final iOS 14 installed Wednesday from iOS 13. When I try to add or move the larger size of a widget(4x4), it delete a lot of my folders (here from many years) and every apps are displayed on 14 pages in the Home Screen...
Same here ; have only ever deployed final ios14 release - really suprised would release with this open bug
Omg this just happened to me rn. iPhone 11 iOS 14. I tried stacking a large widget onto another one and I couldn’t, then all of a sudden my folders were gone and my perfectly organized folders were gone 😭 wtfffffffff
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Audd Down vote reply of Audd
Wow 4 years of a perfectly organized phone now with apps everywhere. How can you release a big update with such a bug?
the update was great until all of my folders disappeared. Wth any solution?