Reload Widgets when device unlock

HealthKit data not available when device is locked. is there any way to reload data when device unlocked?

In application, done with background refresh of data, but due to data not accessible when device is locked, need some way to reload all timelines when device got unlocked so it has most recent data to show on widget.

Replies

I too am trying to find an answer to this question. I have also been trying to find a good solution refresh healthKit data after the device has been locked for quite some time and recently unlocked.
Did you get anywhere with this? I basically only want widget refreshes when the device is unlocked for the HealthKit data store. It seems frustrating to have to request updates every 15 minutes when most return no data because the device is locked.

Ideally I'd like to say update every 5 minutes, but only when the device is unlocked, and preferable with a priority call on unlock. Along side this Apple Watch only syncs its HealthKit data to the watch periodically. Calling a widget refresh at this point would be perfect.