No calls on Apple Watch after using CarPlay

Good evening everyone!

After using CarPlay, my Apple Watch (5) no longer rings when someone calls.

My iPhone 📱 11 Pro Max rings normally.

Other devices (iPad and MacBook) do not ring either.

After a restart, it works again on all devices or, alternatively, when I manually disconnect CarPlay.

I use Wireless CarPlay.

Does anyone else have the problem?

Replies

iPhone 12 Pro Max and iWatch 6 - The same problem. After iPhone restarting, everything works normally.

I had the same Problem and i went through it with the support , escalated it to the second and third level, nobody could help. BUT! i found a solution, its not a nice one but for me it did fix it.

Just stop using Spotify over Carplay and use Apple Music instead. I tried months to fix it otherwhise but only after deleting Spotify from my Iphone the bug was gone. So this is crazy but unfortunatly the only way that i could fix this issue. I hope that this will be solved from apple soon, as Spotify was easier and nicer to use with the family option as it is with apple music.

hope this helps! Works for me since 3 months now, never had a problem again

Iphone 11 Pro (latest update) Watch 6 (latest update) BMW X5 (F15, 2019) wireless Carplay

I just bought a Santa Fe Luxury Hybrid with wireless carplay and once my Iphone 11 Pro and Iwatch 6 are connected, I no longer get "buzzed" on my watch when I receive a text. I also don't get any sound notifications unless my phone switch is ON for sound. In my Ford Taurus SHO, all worked fine but it didn't have wireless carplay.