Are Local Experiences Functioning in beta6?

What I've done:
  • Configured a local experience to point to "https:/example.com" (removed a slash to allow post)

• Configured the local experience with the App Clip's bundle ID

• Installed my App Clip via test flight, and see it visible in settings.

• Created a QR Code with the url mentioned in bullet #1.

What I encounter:
When I scan the QR code, I see that the camera app present a notification to open the URL in safari.

What I expect:
This should instead show the AppClip or AppClip card, correct?

Anyone else get this working? I've seen some blog posts but they're all mentioning beta5. I don't know if there's been a regression or just a behavior change.

Replies

Same issue here
Same here. No way to trigger the App Clip Card...
Same problem here.
I can't get the clip card to show in:
  • Safari

• QR code scanning

AASA file looks fine, AppStore Connect recognizes the associated domains, I have a default experience, advanced experiences, and also tried local experiences too. Tried off Test Flight and local dev builds.
I can see some logs pertaining to my App Clip in Console.app, but nothing really informative.

I also tried triggering the App Clip card with a QR code for the Fruta sample code, same deal, it only offers safari.

I'm a bit at a loss to figure out what is up here and how to perform an end to end test on device.
Same problem on beta 7 as well, it appeared to work in 5 but never had a chance to test
With beta7:

When I scan a QR code, I no longer get the Safari URL notification, however If I exit the camera and navigate to the local experience page and tap "save" then I see the notification pop up.

Seems like it's intercepting the URL, but invoking the sheet. Then when I tap save it "releases" the held up URL and it shows the standard safari notification.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of J0hn Down vote reply of J0hn
Same issue as well
Beta 7 does not seem to have resolved anything with App Clips
I can verify that this is still not working on:
  • iOS 14 Beta 7

• xCode 12 Beta 6

The Safari Smart App Banner was last working in iOS 14 Beta 5.

Can someone from Apple confirm this no longer works?

Same issue here with beta 7. Can someone confirm if the invocation via QR code was working in beta 5?
Just tried again in iOS beta 8, and they still don't work. Are Apple engineers looking at these threads?
I can verify that this is still not working on:
  • iOS 14 Beta 8

• xCode 12 Beta 6

The Safari Smart App Banner was last working in iOS 14 Beta 5.

Can someone from Apple confirm this no longer works?
I was able to trigger the App Clip Card using a NFC tag. The Smart App Banner stopped working after Beta 5, and QR code never worked for me.
Same.

When I scan a QR code, I no longer get the Safari URL notification, however If I exit the camera and navigate to the local experience page and tap "save" then I see the notification pop up.

I have the exact same behaviour. Saving the local experience will show the pop up, but I can opening it in Safari.
  • iOS 14 Beta 8

• Xcode 12 Beta 6

Xcode 12.2
iOS 14.2

Locale experience doesn't work
I've just installed iOS 14 release and I am unable to see the option in settings for 'Local Experience' at all.