L2TP VPN configuration iOS 14

with the new iOS 14 update now the VPN I configure is not working it keeps showing:
"The l2TP-VPN server is did not respond. try reconnecting. if the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your admin."
but if I try on my other iphone which runs ios 13.7 it connects fine with the same exact settings.
How can I fix that
  • Same problem here with iOS 15.0.2 and iPhone 13 Pro max, why apple still not fix it?

Add a Comment

Replies

faced the same issue, looks like a widely iOS14 bug for L2TP VPN connection.
same problems with our company VPN...
iPad iOS 13.6 works fine
iPad iOS 14 "The l2TP-VPN server is did not respond. try reconnecting. if the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your admin."

same on iPhone and iOS14
Can you please file a Bug Report here with a complete description of what you are seeing on iOS 14. Also, as you will most likely be asked, please include a sysdiagnose that is taken after you have reproduced he issue. Please include the following debug profiles on your device before you take the sysdiagnose:
  • CFNetwork

• Network Diagnostics

• VPN (Network Extension)

Please note the time and date you reproduced the issue and mention this on your bug report.
Please follow up with the Feedback ID when you have done so.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
I have the same issue on iPad 2018 with IPadOS 14
Same issue on iPhone SE with iOS 14
Same problems with l2tp. iPhone 7 iOS 14.
same here. VPN via L2TP is not working. iOS 14.0 (18A373) on iPhone SE (2020).
@meaton I already reported a bug on feedback assistant for this issue

@Hatem91salameh Thank you. What is you Feedback ID and did you also include a sysdiagnose with the instructed information that I provided?

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
Same issue here. L2TP does not connect on ios14 while ios13 and os x 10.13.2 works fine.
I have same issue with iPhone 11 Pro and iOS 14, but this connection has work properly on iOS 13.7.
Same issues with my iPad mini upgraded to PadOS 14. Any fix or settings can provide ?

Thanks
@meaton I have submitted feedback with your debug profiles. Feedback ID is FB8713513.
sha2-truncbug=yes

delete this in your ipsec config, and it worked.

I use libreswan+xl2tpd
Add a Comment
if remark sha2-truncbug=yes or change to sha2-truncbug=no, other devices may not be connect.