SetInstallAttributionPingbackDelay.mobileconfig does not work for SKAdNetwork v2.0

I try to test SKAdNetwork postbacks. To do not wait for postback 24 hours +, I use a profile SetInstallAttributionPingbackDelay.mobileconfig that reduces the rate of postback window, downloaded from here: https://developer.apple.com/download/more/?q=SKAdNetwork.

This profile works properly for SKAdNetwork v1.0 , I see the postbacks come after 5-10 min.

However, when I test v2.0 for iOS 14, in console I see the following error log:

Code Block language
[SKAdNetwork: App: <private> did not match source app adam id: (null) error 12:02:52.711466+0300 appstored

And no postback happens.

As you know the difference between v1.0 and v2.0 is two new fields Apple added:
  • SKStoreProductParameterAdNetworkSourceAppStoreIdentifier,

• SKStoreProductParameterAdNetworkVersion

Seems like adam id is a source app id, a.e SKStoreProductParameterAdNetworkSourceAppStoreIdentifier

Any advice?

Replies

I'm having the same problem now. 1.0 is OK. I also encountered this prompt in testing 2.0
I see my parameters are contain SKStoreProductParameterAdNetworkSourceAppStoreIdentifier
The pingback delay profile has worked ok for us. A few things to make sure of :
  • If you are testing with an App that isn't downloaded from the Store, make sure you have source = 0 in the payload before it is signed.

• Make sure the App you are testing with has SkAdNetwork ID you have in your signed payload in it's plist.

• Make sure that the SkAdNetwork ID in your plist is lowercase and the same in the payload you signed. (It does also work if both are in uppercase, but the documentation now explicitly says it should be lowercase)