Unable to view the sandbox user account in iOS14 devices

Hi All,

We can't test In-App purchase in iOS14 gadgets as we can't make sense of the Sandbox account login in Setting Menu.

Beforehand it was there in Settings > Apple ID > iTunes and AppStore. In any case, in most recent adaptation (iOS 14), we can't discover the equivalent under Settings > Apple ID.

It would be ideal if you help ASAP.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Muvi Down vote post of Muvi
22k views

Accepted Reply

In iOS 14 the Settings panel has changes slightly. Sandbox sign in is no longer in Settings->AppleID->iTunes & App Store.

In Settings, scroll down a bit and you'll see App Store >, just above Wallet & Apple Pay. The Sandbox sign in is now located in the App Store menu.

Hope this helps.

• Sorry on sandbox account still

Add a Comment

Replies

In iOS 14 the Settings panel has changes slightly. Sandbox sign in is no longer in Settings->AppleID->iTunes & App Store.

In Settings, scroll down a bit and you'll see App Store >, just above Wallet & Apple Pay. The Sandbox sign in is now located in the App Store menu.

Hope this helps.

• Sorry on sandbox account still

Add a Comment
Thank you dcapps for your assistance :)
No worries! Glad to help.
In ios 14.1 I dont see Sandbox sign in the App Store menu =(
Guys, where in the name of God is the this option located on IOS 14.1?
I too am not seeing the option for Sandbox in the App Store menu on iOS 14.1. Did I miss a step setting up? So I need to install the app to test before I will see this option?
I had the same issue!
First open your app and than use your testing account for your purchase.
Afterwards you'll find your account in Settings -> App Store -> scroll down.

I hope I could help

Check 30 June 21 on 14.2.2/11ProMax ✅

1. Open settings
  2. Search Bar type "store"
  3. Select In-App Ratings & Reviews
  4. Scroll down to the bottom
  5. Look at Sandbox Account (possibly will appear after purchase something in TestFlight installed app)

I'm confused. I need to log in as a sandbox user to see IAP. But I need to buy IAP to login as a sandbox user? ***

• Right. I am also confused by this. Did you ever get around this catch-22 ?

• running into the exact same issue. Were you able to solve this catch 22 ?

Add a Comment

Solved!

I had confused too. I didn't see Sandbox user in Settings > App Store. Then I read documentation :-)

In iOS and iPadOS, the sandbox account appears in Settings > App Store after the first time you use the device to attempt a purchase in a development-signed app. There’s no need to sign out of the non-Sandbox Apple ID. Sign in using a Sandbox Apple ID.

Connect the iPhone to MacBook and make a local testing, then appear user login box, input sandbox credentials.. after that sandbox user info becomes in iPhone settings..

Install the app, make a purchase in the app with the account you wish to set up for the sandbox account. You will need to do the purchase at least 2 times(or more) before the sandbox account setting shows up.

Im having trouble finding my tester account on my real device and simulator. If I could only get this figured out once and for all I could add this feature to my apps. Thanks in advance.

• It doesn't work on iOS 16.2 for sure. I logged in with Sandbox user in AppStore settings, verified email, phone (before tried without it but had same result) but trying to make a purchase in the app it shows my primary Apple ID account and requests the password exactly for that account.

Interesting, that I made it work ONLY if I used Sandbox account as a primary Apple ID - I logged out from my Apple ID and logged in with sandbox user id. That was a pain, as you understand, but only that works

Add a Comment

It doesn't work on iOS 16.2 for sure. I logged in with Sandbox user in AppStore settings, verified email, phone (before tried without it but had same result) but trying to make a purchase in the app it shows my primary Apple ID account and requests the password exactly for that account. Interesting, that I made it work ONLY if I used Sandbox account as a primary Apple ID - I logged out from my Apple ID and logged in with sandbox user id. That was a pain, as you understand, but only that works

• That sounds like a giant pain because then you lose all your personal data. Somebody please tell me there is a better way (I too am trapped into this catch 22: I need to log in as a sandbox user to see IAP. But I need to buy IAP to login as a sandbox user? )

Add a Comment