Apple Watch NFC Tags

Dear Community / Apple,

I would like to ask in the name of many Smart Home Community,

There is any developing / There is any future plan about make Apple Watches able to read NFC Tags / Stickers?

Many of us would like to use Apple Watch to use Home Automations with NFC Stickers, but we have to use our iPhone instead of the Watch, what would be the most logical way to use these things.

We does not really understand why this was not added by default, and why we cannot find any official information about this?

Please provide us some answer, at least we should know should we still wait for this feature or this is not gonna be enabled by Apple?!

Thank you very much,
Gery
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of colethegamer Down vote post of colethegamer
46k views
  • Yes, please! It would be awesome to integrate NFC functionality into the watch for developer and consumer use similar to how it is done on iPhone.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes, why isn’t this a thing! There are so many automations that I would use this for!
This should absolutely be a thing, I'd use such functionality very often, certainly more convenient than pulling my phone out, assuming I even have it in my pocket, I often don't when I'm just doing stuff around the house.
I agree, this would be a great feature.

Would definitely be a great feature to add.

Yes! This would be an awesome addition to enable some very cool apps.

I would love this feature as well and I’m sure it will be a reality soon enough. I have come to see that Apple just ever so slowly releases the important or most desired features like this. If they released every single feature at once, no one would ever upgrade their devices. Apple is the stick, and their devices are the carrot. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are already prototypes or at least designs for the next five models. I would kill to see the series x Apple Watch. 🤤

This would be a great feature. I expected the Apple Watch to already support this but I was disappointed.

I also really want this feature

I'd love this feature! Very useful!

Scanning low cost NFC tags with the apple watch would be a life saver for many home automations, especially as phones get larger and larger, many don't carry them around while at home, but always have their watch on.

• Absolutely agree. When at home, my phone remains on its dock in the bedroom. I sometimes leave it at home too. Having a esim enabled watch means I don't have to have the phone with me at all times. I would love NFC reading capabilities on the watch. Maybe set a triple tap function on the crown to activate NFC reading that stays active for 10 seconds. I'm at the point where I would happily move away from Apple (for phone/watch) if another company offered this.

Add a Comment

I would really enjoy this feature. My wife doesn’t wear her watch quite as consistently as I do so I have to be mindful. Regardless, I would use the heck out of this feature if it were added/enabled for Apple Watch.

Would love this feature. I can think of many different uses in and around the house, where I either don't have my phone on me, or pulling it out isn't convenient.

I can't believe this is not possible yet. This would be the most conveninet way to trigger NFC tags for HomeKit automations. Please, Apple, enable it.

+1 here. Bought NFC-Stickers, as I assumed that this is already working out. Disappointing experience. Had to google just to find out, that this isn't a build in feature

Yes please! I want this so badly, even if had the option to double click the side button then scan (instead of payment), id rather have that than have to interact with the screen