MacOS Big Sur Beta Printing Issues

I already updated the latest version MacOS Big Sur Beta 11.0 (20A5384c) but after updated i got some issue in printing the documents. In first beta update document printed but only pictures are printed no paragraph is printed. After second update my new printer HP Laser jet Pro M15a installed but not printing even no error showing. Need support on it.

Replies

I am experiencing the same issues.
Can print images only.
I cannot connect WiFi between Epson XP-400 printer or Epson Workforce 545 printer since I upgraded to Big Sur this week in November 2020. Running cable between them doesn't help either. I downloaded the Epson driver epson637173eu which is supposed to be OS X 11.x compatible but it didn't help. Printers work fine for copying but won't accept input for WiFi network. Epson says XP-400 is discontinued. Is there a driver somewhere else that will fix this? Or must I buy a newer printer?

Earlier Mac is working so smoothly with the cannon printer. Once I updated BigSur 11.0 beta. I can only print the images where no more text get printed.
I've just found a solution for my Canon LBP6000:
  1. Delete printer from system

2. Download latest CAPT driver from canon website (just use google to find a correct link)

3. Install new driver from downloaded PKG

4. Restart MacOS !!! important, do not working without restart :( maybe you just can found and kill capt processes and restart it

5. Add printer

6. Profit.

I also have a similar problem with my Epson SX435w. I have reset the printer settings, and now I get the message that Apple cannot find a driver for my device.
Regarding the Lexmark printers and the "Filter Failed" what you might try is adding the printer using "AirPrint" rather than the specific driver. If your printer is set up as an AirPrint printer this should be an option. Worked for me.
Thanks to everyone for letting me know how to solve my same problem. I found my new software download easily at freeprinterdriverdownload dot org
and I'm off to the races again!
Cheers!

Same issues after upgrade to BigSure.
Can't save as .pdf in Word, nor print to pdf across Mac iOS, nor use my brother Hl5240 browser.
A reinstall of Office did'nt do it either.
This fixed it for the pdfs for me: lifewire.com/reset-mac-printing-system-to-fix-os-x-printer-problems-2259970
Still need to connect my printer though :)
Since updating to Mac OS11 Big Sur, I have had long delays in printing on my Brother printer. The Printer Queue goes into "looking for printer"; I do eventually get a printed page but only after I have gotten tired of waiting and left the room. Went to Brother support and there is no Driver for Mac OS 11 to date. One work around is I send the document to my email then print from my iPhone or iPad using the mobile app from Brother.
On a separate issue, after updating to Big Sur, my Mac mini 2018 has frozen and rebooted more times in the last few days than in the last 5 years of using Mac's. Fortunately, the crashes are being sent to Apple.
Hey there, I also got printer problems since upgrading to Big Sur. I use an EPSON WF-2760. Every printer job would be stopped right after launch and the printer remains idle. re-installing the printer or rebooting wouldn't work.
Error logs:
E [03/Dec/2020:08:41:16 +0100] EPSONWF2760Series2: File “/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgbannertopdf” has insecure permissions (0100777/uid=0/gid=0).
E [03/Dec/2020:08:41:16 +0100] [Job 8] Unable to start filter "cgbannertopdf" - Undefined error: 0.
E [03/Dec/2020:08:41:16 +0100] [Job 8] Stopping job because the scheduler could not execute a filter.

The printer works perfectly at the same time over AirPrint from an iPhone.

Have you experienced something similar, is there a fix that you know of?
Had the same issue....only images printing and no copy. Using a Canon ImageClass Laser MF733Cdw. I trashed all Canon drivers....went to the Canon support page and drivers for Big Sur had been updated on 11/6/20. Downloaded, installed....and now works as it should.
Resetting and adding the printer again did NOT fix the issue!
Printing under Big Sur. I found a fix last night for my Lexmark CX-317 DN. I was having the error message "Filter failed" and could find nothing besides resetting the printer (Right Click on Printer) and rebooting, then add a printer. Hogwash!

I am now printing from Big Sur to my Lexmark after visiting [Lexmark]lexmark com slash support universal print driver. You can find the driver on the right column about a quarter of the way down. Download it install it and it will start working. Be sure to click on the new driver under your printer list

This driver is slow but it works. As a note, I deleted the lexmark printer because I was using the new driver to print. That broke the whole thing. After adding the Lexmark printer again it started to work again. I am thinking the package rewrites the Lexmark driver.

Good luck, its great to have my printer back

I had a similar problem with my Brother Printer (AirPrint capable) after installing Mac OS 11 Big Sur. My printer was found in System Preferences>Printers & Scanners. But, when I hit print on a document the printer queue would go into terminal search for my printer.
So, as per apple: "On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty."
Yet, after doing this no printer showed in the Printer & Scanners window. I unplugged my printer, waited x 10 sec and replugged in. My printer showed up under a Bonjour printer and now able to print again. Hope this helps.
BTW Brother Printers still has no new driver for Mac OS 11 for my printer and recommends using AirPrint. Apple has a list of which printers are AirPrint capable: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311