Mac OS Big Sur Beta streaming Issues

Hi there. I am have just updated my Big Sur beta to the latest version. Since updating; I have been experiencing major issues on Safari with some of my streaming services; mainly Netflix, Youtube, HBO Max and Prime Video. I researched a bit and found fixes by switching the VP9 Decoder setting off. This fix has helped only for YouTube but I still experience streaming issues with the other services. Does anyone know of any other fix I can use to solve this issue?

I would sincerely appreciate the assistance!

Replies

Indeed, I have the same problem. I have two MacBook Pros. On my control machine Model 6,1 I have no problems. On my test machine model (6,4) where I just installed the latest beta, I'm having problems streaming from CBS and Amazon Prime. The 6,1 machine is running 10.15.7 and the newest Safari release. Unlike the original post above, I have no Netflix problems, which gives me an idea. If it makes any difference, I will report back in.
@mlprice Has there been any update?

• I have exactly the same issue. Went through all of the troubleshooting with Xfinity and it just hangs and never kicks in. I can stream fine on my android phone and on my tablet also on my windows laptop. I can not stream any service at all since the update

Add a Comment
I am experiencing the same problem. The only realistic solution I have found is to you Crome.
That's not really a question for the forum.

You'd better file a bug report on MacOS / Safari.
Same problem here, Streaming not working in any of the web-browsers. Mac OS Version: 11.0 Beta (20A5395g)
same here ... two machines here: Mac mini and MacBook Pro ... both from around 2015 ... one streams video in Safari other one not. Same Mac OS X Big Sure Beta on both .. I have no idea what to do.

I am having the same issue. Just using Chrome for Netflix as a temporary fix until this is sorted.
I have the problem about playing Netflix 4k. From MacOS Big Sur Beta 5 ~ 8, everything is fine. I can watch YouTube 4k, Netflix 4K. After Beta 9 ~ 11.0.1 beta 1 and 2 (RC), I still can play YouTube 4k but I can't see Netflix 4k anymore. Does anyone have same problem ?
I am experiencing the same problem with MacOS Big Sur. Now, I am not able to streaming from any website. I need to use other browser. It is too bad that you are using Apple gadgets and not be able to use their system.
Last week I updated both my 2015 Macbook Pro and my 2019 Macbook Air to Big Sur. The Air is streaming fine, but I can't watch anything with the Pro. The problem being that the Pro has the HDMI port that I can connect to my TV. Really frustrating.
Hi. Same problem here. Installed Big Sur 11.1 on my MacBook Air from 2015. Upgraded from Catalina. Had major issues with Netflix, Youtube etc when it came to streaming. Picture froze and sound crackled. I tried the suggested VP9 decoder of/on suggested by previous developers - didn't improve much. Then I tried to restart in fail safe mode - it worked for Youtube, but not Netflix. Then I tried a "reset all to previous"-command. I turned the computer off and then - just after pressing the power button - I pressed down the keys " R + alt + cmd + P" simultaneously and kept them pressed down for 20 seconds. The Apple sound sounded 3 or 4 times during these 20 seconds and the screen flickered in black and white. Then I stoped pressing the keys and the computer restarted. After log in everything worked perfect for me in safari. Hope this might help someone.
  • Has anyone found a fix??? I'm having the same issues with all of my browser and it seems to be the worst with Xfinity

• The restart holding R + [OPT] + [CMD] + P worked for me.

MacBook Pro 2015 running Monterey 12.1, and unable to stream any videos on any site other than YouTube on Safari 15.2, Chrome 96, or Firefox 95.0.2.

Add a Comment

I am seeing streaming issues now for Disney+ Hotstar on Big Sur. Netflix and Youtube work fine. Any updates ??