Ecommerce for digital goods

Hello

I am new to this and we are running a music website where you can buy stuff and download after the purchase.

Now we thought about to build an app where you can do that stuff on your phone (IOS) so you dont need to logon your pc all the time.

Im asking for a list what i need (yes im trying to learn the swift stuff and i know it takes time), to build this kind of App.

What it should include is a ecommerce site and a user area where the customer is allowed to download the purchased product(s).

The User Data should be linked with the ones from our website so if you register on the App you the user should be able to logon on our website aswell. (I think thats the thing which i need to focus on). The rest i guess i available by watching tutorial and learning the language.

I Would really appreaciate any help.

Thx in advanced!

Replies

So your question is about sharing registration between the app and the web site ?

If I understand well your point, technically, that's easy: the website is the back end that you query from the app. And you send the encrypted credentials from the app to log on the web site.

But take care: if your app is just a front end to the web site, it will be rejected from the App Store. You need to include functions that make use of iOS capabilities.
In addition, payment has to go through the appstore, not directly from your web site.

So because of this, you probably need some reengineering of the whole system.