Battery drain in ios 14.2

i updated my iphone 7+ to ios 14.2 and now i have battery drain problem and it takes long time to be charged and warmup during charging
  • My iPhone SE (1st generation) has started draining fast since iOS 14. With iOS 15 it is not doing better. I suspect the drainage is worse the days after an update. According to the service center, the hardware is fine, and the 86% max capacity is still a good one.

Paolo

Add a Comment

Replies

Same! I'm literally watching it drain 1% a second! This needs fixed ASAP
Could not register as greenhorn lol

tried installing 14.3 beta 6hours ago approximately with no effect, or no evident effect, it is not worser after 14.2
enabled data sharing, decision out of despair, i just hope this thing
gets solved
does not damage battery permanently
se1 83% condition heading to charger future
Dude I thought I was going crazy, but it isn't just me...Please fix this, my phone was brand spanking new too and now it is such a pain in the ***. I need the battery to last a reasonable amount of time. Just ridiculous. Maybe the google phone is my Christmas present to myself...Fix it or loose a customer.
m experiencing the same on my iPad air 2
Same here, my own iphone and my wife's as well. Her iphone is two years newer than mine. This planned obsolescence is ridiculous.
Same with my XS Max. Have to charge the phone at least 5 times a day.
Old news. Apple paid a few hundred million in fines and admitted to this once before. It's like a small parking ticket for Apple. Remember if you don't buy a new device the company can't make a living.
Please support Apple and buy a new device.
iPhone 8 with 14.2 installed. Charged to 100% Then had WiFi, Bluetooth and Cellular turned off, Airplane Mode on and completely powered off. In six days (this was a planned test) it went down to 30%. Checked battery activity and nothing was listed for that time period. Not sure if the battery is actually draining or this update is just calculating it incorrectly. I have no problems with my iPad Pro on the same version of software.
iPhone 8, although with bad battery health for months - 78%. Had IOS 14.2 like 1 month already. Yet to encounter issue till 4 days ago.
Battery were at 70%, and suddenly shut down, restarted and shows 10%. For the past few days my phone had been constantly restarting at least once per day, yesterday the phone was on non-stop auto restart and reboot, stuck on the loading screen for like 1 hour?

Before I get my phone to service center for a battery replacement, it auto shut down at 99% charged again. Hope it was just purely battery issue, would like to spent extra on other possible issue.
Same problem with my iPhone 7. I replaced battery couple months ago (for original one) and device was just like new one. But after updating to 14.2 the battery will drain over night even when it's 100% in the evening. Thats crazy, please fix it.
i updated my iphone 7+ to ios 14.2 and now i have battery drain problem and it takes long time to be charged and warmup during charging. Also there is abrupt fall in battery % which earlier was stable and used to reduce in stable manner.
I posted earlier about my iPhone 7+ having this issue and after playing with my settings I think I’ve found it. For me it is having my cellular data on while on WiFi seems be causing the problem. I was looking at every possible setting and found a few apps I only ever use at home had jumped to more data usage than they should be for just notification pings. So I turned it off and left my phone for an hour and only a 1% drain. I also tested having cellular data on when I’m out of a WiFi area and the battery drain is normal. So my drain seems to be those 2 fighting to see which should be used. I hope this helps a few people.
I bought my iPhone SE 2020 last July and when I updated it to iOS 14.2 my battery capacity went down to 98%. I barely use my phone because I’m busy at work. I’m using it when I’m home from work.
After update to iOS 14.2 the battery drains 30% faster on iPhone 6S plus, iPad Air2 and iPhone XS Plus.
It is not difficult Apple developers to test specifically for such issues on supported iOS devices, especially not too old ones, before launching updates and to make the update optional for older models until the issue is resolved in a further update.
It's unethical not to do do the due diligence.
iphone 7 ... same battery draining issue noticed after update to iOS 14.2