ITMS-90863: Basic sticker pack with no code but getting Apple silicon and 32bit warnings

Received this error:
ITMS-90863: Apple silicon Macs support issue - The app has LSApplicationLaunchProhibited set to true. This is not supported on Mac.

TMS-90747: Architecture incompatible with MinimumOSVersion. The app bundle specifies a MinimumOSVersion of '14.1' but contains a 32-bit architecture that is unsupported on iOS 12 and later.

The first thing I noticed was that the Project Document was set to Project Format Xcode 9.3-compatible, so I changed that to Xcode 12, thinking that would eliminate the 32 bit problem. But that had no impact.

The Targeted Device Families are iPhone and iPad only, and I have toggled the iOS Deployment Target from 10.0 through 14.0, and that hasn't changed anything, either.

And cmd-F'ing "LSApplicationLaunchProhibited" isn't finding anything I can switch to false to test that.

Bottom line: Simple sticker pack, no code, shouldn't be generating a 32 bit version of anything and shouldn't be messing around with Mac Apple Silicon issues, and yet here we are.

First time here, so thanks for obliging these newbie questions!

Side note: It is a similar question to this one, but going in the opposite direction, so I thought posting a potentially duplicate question was in order:
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/666504

Accepted Reply

I had this same issue and it took me a week to figure it out. I hadn't updated my existing sticker packs in 2 years and decided to do so a couple of weeks ago. When I updated Xcode and opened my older projects, it wanted to update them, so I naturally let it do so. Unfortunately, it updated my projects to have a deployment target of iOS 12. But sticker packs apparently need to be set to iOS 10. I do not know why this is. I think it's because while everything else in the MacOS universe is 64 bit, the sticker packs need to be backwards compatible for older phones where they are in older versions of iOS that support it. My guess.

Once these projects got updated, even rolling them back to old iOS versions didn't help - so what I did was create a whole new sticker pack w/ the same name, made sure the target was iOS 10, put in my assets, updated the build number and boom - it was accepted by Apple when I uploaded it. :)

This was before the silicon announcement. This resolved the 32bit issue. BUT - now I can't update other sticker packs due to the silicon issue.

Replies

I had this same issue and it took me a week to figure it out. I hadn't updated my existing sticker packs in 2 years and decided to do so a couple of weeks ago. When I updated Xcode and opened my older projects, it wanted to update them, so I naturally let it do so. Unfortunately, it updated my projects to have a deployment target of iOS 12. But sticker packs apparently need to be set to iOS 10. I do not know why this is. I think it's because while everything else in the MacOS universe is 64 bit, the sticker packs need to be backwards compatible for older phones where they are in older versions of iOS that support it. My guess.

Once these projects got updated, even rolling them back to old iOS versions didn't help - so what I did was create a whole new sticker pack w/ the same name, made sure the target was iOS 10, put in my assets, updated the build number and boom - it was accepted by Apple when I uploaded it. :)

This was before the silicon announcement. This resolved the 32bit issue. BUT - now I can't update other sticker packs due to the silicon issue.
Thanks shelleygeek! Just to be clear and to make sure I understand ... you're getting it to work on projects that you've started over, but not when you try to update existing projects? Thanks again!
I think you saw the reply in StackOverflow but in case you didn't:

Go to your app on the Apple Connect Website
Under Pricing and Availability you will find a checkbox "Apple Silicon Mac Availability - Make this app available"
If you uncheck this it should stop giving you the apple silicon warnings.
  • Thank you for your answer, it fixed it for me!

Add a Comment