MacOs Big Sur Zoom Problem

I just downloaded the new MacOS update and I launched Zoom. Turns out I'm having problems seeing the icons such as: New Meeting, Join, Schedule, and Share Screen. When I'm in a meeting, I can't see the buttons such as mute, start video, etc. I wasn't having this problem with Catalina. Is this an OS problem? Or does Zoom need to update their app?

Accepted Reply

Hi.

I have two MacBook Air computers, one old and a brand new one. I experienced the same problem in the old one, and the new one was working fine. I had installed Zoom 5.0.4 in the old one and Zoom 5.2.4 in the new one. In the old one I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one (5.3.4) and it worked fine. So, I guess Zoom fixed the problem, as long as you have Zoom 5.2.4 or newer, it should work.

Replies

Hallo, I am on macbbok pro 2019. After I upgraded to Big Sur when I share my screen during a zoom meeting, after a while people on the other side see my screen sharing frozen. Any ideas? Perhaps it is a bug in Big Sur because i had no problems with previous mac os version.
UPDATED:
After spending the whole day testing various things I think I solved my problem and I would like to share it to anyone who might experience the same thing.

The problem is that the macbook was using the Intel UHD graphics card (for light jobs) and not the independent AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB or anyway was switching between the two and that was causing the freezing in screen sharing.

All I had to do is go to SETTINGS -> BATTERY -> chose Power Adaptor and uncheck Automatic graphics card swicth. This will enable permenantly the AMD card.
I've been screen sharing for 4 hours with no problems!!
Peace!!!

Same problems as Andreaspf8585 JPV1, except disabling auto graphics card switching didn't work for me and I'm still experiencing the same issues. When screen sharing, my screen share will freeze for others after a while (but my video will not). When I restart screen sharing, others see a black screen. When I rejoin the meeting, I can screen share again but only for a short time before the same problems happen.

This only happened after upgrading to MacOS 11.1, Zoom screen sharing was working properly in MacOS 11.0.1. MBP 16" 2019. Currently debating whether to use Google Meet for screen sharing and/or downgrade to MacOS Catalina.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/666693?answerId=653518022#653518022
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/666693?answerId=649278022#649278022
Update to my problem of screen sharing freezing for participants, then becoming black screen when i restart screen sharing:

Toggling the Advanced Screen Sharing setting in Zoom "Use TCP connection for screen sharing" seems to have prevented screen share freeze for me for now. Will continue to leave screen sharing on and see if I can go a day without screen share freeze with this setting on.
Many thanks to kaiyuanneo! I had exactly same problem and solved the issue.
I'm having the same problem with Zoom as kaiyuanneo (screen sharing freezing, then going black if I stop sharing and attempt to share again). I'm on a 2020 13" Macbook Pro (so no AMD graphics card), and the problem started when I upgraded to Big Sur a few days ago. I'll try the TCP zoom setting that kaiyuanneo recommended, and report back.
I am having horrendous problems with Zoom since the Big Sur upgrade, screen share just does not work at all. It's not just a simple matter of checking a few boxes and updating the the latest version of Zoom, it's just broken, plain and simple. Not sure who's responsible for fixing the bug but I am 100% they know who they are and I wish they would just get on and fix it
Same here. I am having BIG problems with Zoom since I upgraded Big Sur, both with Camtasia and Zoom.
In both it is the screen share that just does not work.

It's not just a simple matter of updating the the latest versions of Camtasia or Zoom, I have tried. This is serious. I need to record and share my screen every day in my business. :(
solve problem for sharing screen in macOS BigSur, first you must updated to the newest Zoom App and go to system preperences >> Security and privacy >> Recording >> dont forget to klik in the bottom left like pad lock, klik until the pad lock seen open >> use your password for activate >> checklist zoom app

zoom app ready for share screen, it works!
I was having problem while sharing screen on zoom with macOS Big Sur. The screen was appearing black to other users. I tried by changing screen capture mode from "Auto" to "Advanced capture without window filtering" within zoom settings -> Share Screen -> Advanced and it worked.