Xcode asks to install Rosetta

Hi all,

just got my new M1 Macbook Air.
  • installed Xcode

• updated Big Sur

When I start Xcode i get a request with the message:

"To run Intel-based applications, you will need to install Rosetta. Would you like to install it now?"

The options are : Help, Not Now, Install

When I click on any of these buttons nothing happens (i get a sound that tells me i click, but nothing else).

Can't close it, can't get around it ...

Any hints on this issue?

Thank's for your help,

Tom

Replies

Found my own solution:

Starting Xcode from terminal, the buttons are working, tapped install and all problems went away.

My current project now has a build time of 77 seconds compared to 126 seconds on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) 2,9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Thanks for the feedback.

Don't forget to close the thread on the correct answer.
I also have the same problem but starting Xcode from terminal doesn’t help...
Same problem, starting from terminal does not help. Force closing Xcode and restarting results in the same thing.
How did you start Xcode from terminal? xed . ?
I'm still dead in the water w/ this issue. Target is the cheaper M1 Air. I install from App Store and get the above non-responsive "clicking" issue on the "To run Intel-based applications, you will need to install Rosetta. Would you like to install it now?" modal no matter where I click. I downloaded the installer from this site and get the same issue on install. Command line install doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?
I have the same problem and starting Xcode from the terminal doesn't help
I had the same problem on my new MacBook Air. Solved it by clicking on Get Info on Xcode.app and selected Open using Rosetta.
I have the same problem. I have M1 Mac Mini on Big Sur (11.0.1). Xcode 12.2 from App Store.

I delete the Xcode and reinstalled from App Store, I delete Xcode related preferences still, I cannot click "Install" nor "Cancel", nor I cannot even quit Xcode, then have to force quit.

Should I reinstall whole Big Sur once again? If someone has already figure it out, please let us know...

You can tap the Enter key on your keyboard.
@ijonjic 's solution worked for me
Code Block
I had the same problem on my new MacBook Air. Solved it by clicking on Get Info on Xcode.app and selected Open using Rosetta.

I see some other solutions but I also found that when I installed Outlook, Rosetta was installed - that fixed the Xcode problem

@ijonjic 's solution worked for me as well. Thanks!
1 - With Xcode closed (Important) Go to finder -> Applications
2 - Right Click on Xcode and select "Get Info"
3 - On the info panel check "Open using Rosetta"
4 - Double Click in the bottom large preview of the info panel.
5 - Actions to install Rosetta will be responsive.
OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO SIMPLE!!! Just tap the return key. Oops. Thanks wen01. Still seems like something Apple should fix.