Unable to load driver

I installed the third party driver. But there was an error when I tried to load it.
The prompt message is below:

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/AX88179_178A.kext
Extension with identifiers com.asix.driver.ax88179-178a not approved to load. Please approve using System Preferences.

Replies

Same problem. ¡Help!
I have the solution.
After having installed the extension, in order to approve it, you have to go to Preference Systems / Users and groups and run as root (by clicking on the padlock). Once you do, you go to Systems Preference / Security and privacy and you will see that the option to Allow the extension has already appeared.
That's how I solved it.
  • I used the above solution and it worked perfectly. I can now use my Pegasus 2 R6 on my new MacBook Pro M1 Max. Thank you so much!

Add a Comment
I am also getting this issue. There is no allow button in system preferences.
I am also not getting message to allow extension in System Preferences/Security&Privacy. I tried adding developer to kext-consent but it does not help. Did anyone resolve it?

#get developer ID
spctl -a -vv -t install /Library/Extensions/AX88179178A.kext
/Library/Extensions/AX88179
178A.kext: accepted
source=Notarized Developer ID
origin=Developer ID Application: ASIX ELECTRONICS CORPORATION (5RHFAZ9D4P)

#add in recovery mode
spctl kext-consent add 5RHFAZ9D4P

#error still appears
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/AX88179178A.kext
Password:
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/AX88179
178A.kext
Extension with identifiers com.asix.driver.ax88179-178a not approved to load. Please approve using System Preferences.

#verify that developer was added
spctl kext-consent status
Kernel Extension User Consent: ENABLED
Mac-Lierro:~ vadik56$ spctl kext-consent list
Allowed Team Identifiers:
5RHFAZ9D4P

Same exact issue, as described here by me. Did anyone manage to fix this? The fix posted by @abelnunez didn't work for me.