USDZ Files Not Playing Audio

I have created a multi-level scene where the user can click an audio file icon and an .mp3 file will play a short audio file. This works beautifully locally on my computer and when I share to my iPhone/iPad. However, when I export the USDZ file, upload to my website and test from there the audio does not play. The other behaviors (Tap + Show) works, but the audio does not play. I've tried the .mp3, .wav, and .caf format with no luck.

I created a new reality composer file, added a cube and added a tap + sound behavior using the built in audio options (Happy Chime), but the same exact issue occurs.

Any suggestions on what I can adjust in my project to allow audio to play? Do the audio files need to be in the same directory as the usdz file? Any help is appreciated.

Replies

Hi there, I was in a similar scenario just recently and I found that I just had my iOS device set to "Do Not Disturb," which apparently mutes any sound coming from Safari's Quick Look player. Hope this might help anyone reading this in the future narrow down what the issue is.

• Thank you. 👍🏻

Add a Comment