Xcode: “Hide Navigator” ⌘, 0 stopped working. Why did it disappear?

In Xcode, there is a keyboard shortcut to hide the navigator, ⌘,0. But it stopped working. I went to system preferences and manually added it back a few days ago but it disappeared again today suddenly. Why does this keep happening?

Accepted Reply

I just realized that I had the developer documentation window open. For some reason, when this window is open, the "Hide Navigator" keyboard shortcut is no longer active. For all currently open Xcode windows. However, the command (⌘, 0) works only once to close the navigator in the developer documentation window then stops working until you close the window.

Replies

I just realized that I had the developer documentation window open. For some reason, when this window is open, the "Hide Navigator" keyboard shortcut is no longer active. For all currently open Xcode windows. However, the command (⌘, 0) works only once to close the navigator in the developer documentation window then stops working until you close the window.
Seeing the same issue, in addition to seeing it on the first 3 navigators (⌘1-3). It didn't work like this in previous Xcode versions, as I often leave the dev doc window open in the background. Filed feedback FB8949830.
This was happening on one of my computers and not the other, so I created a test user on the affected computer and it only was happening on my user account. I (lazily) deleted my ~/Library/Developer folder which solved the problem. I hope this helps if anyone wants to dive in deeper to figure it out.