Embedded frameworks architectures check fail with XCode 12.3

Apple Recommended

Replies

There seems to be an architecture check issue and some updates that weren't included in the release notes: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-12_3-release-notes/. No idea if this is intentional, a bug, or how to resolve them.
I'm having the same issue with Twilio.framework. It worked without problem until the last 12.3 beta.

And after updating to the last macOS 15.15.7, Xcode is freezing after every single click. :/
I met this problem also.I can rebuilt the third party framework to 2 frameworks with ios and ios simulator architecture respectively.So, now my problem is how to add framework for ios and ios simulator building separately?
I finally solved my problem with 'xcframework'.I combined 'arm64' framework and 'x86_64' framework into a 'xcframework', and use the xcframework in my project, the problem solved.
Same thing happened with my project. I believe that this is an intentional change by Apple to force developers to start distributing xcframeworks with support for arm64 simulators (M1 Macs). Fat binary frameworks don't work anymore because simulators and actual devices can have the same architecture. The proper solution is to repack the GoogleCast framework into xcframework. You can do this by splitting the fat binary into two using lipo (one for simulator and one for real devices). If you don't want to do this, you can enable "Validate workspace" in build settings. This will enable you to build your project and only output a warning.
So, as I cannot wait for third party XCFrameworks to be delivered, I went through the path of repacking the legacy frameworks into XCFrameworks and it works fine, as long as the XCFrameworks are there when compiling (which is not necessary with common frameworks). But this is another story.

For those interested in how to create these XCFrameworks on the fly, here is how I managed to do so:
  1. Create an aggregate target in your project

2. Add a build phase script to this new target to build the XCFrameworks

3. Edit the scheme of the primary target (the one for your app) and add the aggregate target to the top of the targets list (build tab)

4. Uncheck "Parallelize Build" to preserve the targets order

We had the same issue with an 3rd party library. Going to Build Settings and setting Validate Workspace to Yes solved it for us.
The proper way to solve this problem would be repacking the embedded framework with XCFramewotk but there is a work around to solve this in the meantime.
Go to Build Settings > Build Options and change the property value of Validate Workspace to YES. You should be all set.

Refer to xcodebuildsettings.com to understand more about this configuration.