"the app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified"

Trying to distribute an Ad Hoc application for a handful of users for testing. I have created the Ad Hoc provisioning profile and the test devices are visible in 'Devices' (UDIDs added) in developer.apple.com/account

Every time I create a new archive and distribute to the devices I get "Unable To Install [app name] This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified".

The bundle IDs match perfectly.

After 4 hours of getting nowhere I now reaching out for help.
So, we have since resolved the issue and I hope the following helps other developers.

The app is developed in Xamarin using Visual Studio for Windows. In an attempt to find an alternative way to get testing, we decided to publish to the App Store and use TestFlight. Rather than use VS to publish, we used "xcrun altool ....." from the Mac Terminal application to perform the upload. This then returned a series of issues with the build relating to build configuration (within VS) and the Identifier for the App on the App Store. After correcting these, creating a new provisioning profile (due to updating the Identifier), we successfully submitted the app to the App Store for review. We then created a new Ad Hoc provisioning profile, rebuilt the app within VS, performed archive and distributed Ad Hoc, and the devices accepted the build!

Accepted Answer
So, we have since resolved the issue and I hope the following helps other developers.

The app is developed in Xamarin using Visual Studio for Windows. In an attempt to find an alternative way to get testing, we decided to publish to the App Store and use TestFlight. Rather than use VS to publish, we used "xcrun altool ....." from the Mac Terminal application to perform the upload. This then returned a series of issues with the build relating to build configuration (within VS) and the Identifier for the App on the App Store. After correcting these, creating a new provisioning profile (due to updating the Identifier), we successfully submitted the app to the App Store for review. We then created a new Ad Hoc provisioning profile, rebuilt the app within VS, performed archive and distributed Ad Hoc, and the devices accepted the build!

"the app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified"

Q