Primary Language of Keyboard-Extension

I am writing a keyboard-extension,
there are several buttons and these buttons have a text, therefor I am using localized strings. So the extension is always in the "correct" language.

When opening the keyboard-extension with the "world"-button (pressing it long, so that the menu is shown) there is always a line below the name of the app showing "English".

As far as I know this is the primary language, there is also one entry for "PrimaryLanguage" in the info.plist (NSExtension/NSExtensionAttributes, set to "en-US").

I tried to remove this entry, but after this the app does not start anymore.
Is there a different way to remove this entry or
is it possible to change it to the language of the localization?

Answered by Daniel Saidi in 667675022
In extension's Info.plist file, you have a "PrimaryLanguage" key under "NSExtension/NSExtensionAttributes".

If you set this to "mul", the extension will display "Multiple languages" instead of English.

It will however not show the current locale.
Accepted Answer
In extension's Info.plist file, you have a "PrimaryLanguage" key under "NSExtension/NSExtensionAttributes".

If you set this to "mul", the extension will display "Multiple languages" instead of English.

It will however not show the current locale.

If you don't want it to display anything, see if you can use "mis" which is the tag for "Uncoded languages".

You can find that code listed here: https://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry/language-subtag-registry, and it's considered a valid BCP47 value by Apple.

Primary Language of Keyboard-Extension

Q