Xcode Simulator m1 - can't pick images

Hi,

can anybody confirm that there are a problem with the image picker on Xcode 12.4 / Sim 12.4 on the new apple silicon MacBook m1?

Best,
Dominik
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dominik1 Down vote post of dominik1
17k views

Apple Recommended

• tried in XCode 13.3 still facing the same issue. what does 81553152 mean?

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm also experiencing that issue right now, hoping for a workaround for this issue.
I am also facing same issue. I am trying to use FlutterImagePicker.
App works fine till navigating to gallery.
But when I click on image to select it, nothing happens.
Same code works perfectly fine on windows machine.
I guess it works fine on Intel mac's.
Having the same issue as theomkale. Gallery opens with image_picker but when clicking on the image nothing happens.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Juuk Down vote reply of Juuk
Yeah, seems like an issue with the M1 Macs. In my Intel machine, doesn't happen. Both devices are running Xcode 12.4
Also having this issue on my M1 simulator when using react-native-image-picker library.
Wondering if anyone found a workaround for this yet?
Hello Apple- Please wakeup.

I was expecting this issue gets resolved in macOS Big Sur V 11.3.
But, it's a BIG disappointment. No fix for this issue.....
Wakeup Apple .....
Facing the same issue. I thought upgrading my xcode to version 12.5 would fix it, but it didnt 😕
Xcode 12.5, iOS simulator 14.5, macmini with M1. Cannot attach any file from emulator
Same issue herre, Apple doesn't respond.

Apple doesn't respond.

Where are you expecting Apple to respond? Here on DevForums? Or via one of our formal support channels?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"
I removed "EXCLUDED_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*]" = arm64; from Build settings and it works now
  • This one is great option!

• this isn't a fix - we don't have arm64 in excluded settings (only i386) - the issue is very much still present on m1 systems with big sur, xcode 12.5.1 + ios 14.5

• @Psorkin @eskimo Can I remove it from only library "image_picker" in the following code ? iamnot sure if I can access library name thru config. ?

post_install do |installer| installer.pods_project.targets.each do |target| flutter_additional_ios_build_settings(target) end installer.pods_project.build_configurations.each do |config| config.build_settings["EXCLUDED_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*]"] = "arm64" end end

Add a Comment

Yes this seems to be very likely a problem with the M1. A simple and effective workaround is to install iOS 13.7 simulator, if your project supports iOS 13. On this simulator the Image picker works, also a different issue (copy/paste) works on this simulator on Apple M1 silicon. The issue appears on iOS 14 and higher. See a good discussion here

• nice its worked to install 13.6 for me

Add a Comment

It's Jun and still not fixed?

I am having the same issue with the m1 mac.

• I am having an issue regarding this when running our XCTest cases, where it will show an all white screen instead of the images for the image picker. It only happens when running our automation tests on an M1 and not Intel. We are using XCode 13.2.1.

Add a Comment