Pls fix m1 chip issues with external monitor hidpi

Can apple pls, pls, pls, tell me when can you fix the problem of m1 chip not support hidpi on external monitors? Or do you even aware of this problem?

I've been using mac for a long time, and i was able to connect to a external monitor with high resolution and good size fonts using 3rd party softwares, like one-key-hidpi or rdm.

However, now with your latest m1 chip, none of them work anymore. Now i can either use a high resolution with ant size fonts, or i can choose big font size with blurry displays resolution, which is very annoying.

so, are we going to fix this issue? or is there any workaround for this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of superbro919 Down vote post of superbro919
83k views
  • I'm facing the same issue. Please fix this ASAP.

• As a reminder to everyone who is unhappy about the current situation with HiDPI and does not want to use BetterDummy: Apple is not watching this thread. They never will. The only way to reach them is to contact them via the Apple feedback form Apple Feedback form According to the Apple Care Senior person who I talked to in the last days this is the only metric that is actively monitored/watched to improve their products. The form literally takes one minute to fill out. Thank you all!

• i feedback to the support team but no one answers me about this problem. mac os 12.2 released but still i have screen flickering, low quality screen only because i use apple silicon chip. why me and many others must have bad experience but apple and support don't care about it. the only solution is not let this topic get down. we should tell them every day that we have problem. that's the difference between apple products and pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

That's terrible from Apple. They don't want people to enjoy good quality resolution in cheap Monitors. I found a fix for that https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/sqwsh5/comment/k9nuaxq

I have Macbook Air M2 and I couldn’t even imagine that there could be such a problem with the external monitory. I really sure that there is not a big problem to fix this programmatically.

Use third-party software. For using hi-dpi resolution on an external monitor with any size. I am using the switch resx app for the same. I am using my 19201080 LG monitor. I have another monitor with 34401440 which runs with hidpi at 2048 * 858. Yes, we have to lose some resolution when we use non-retina monitors for hidpi resolution. But With HI dpi screen will become crisp and usable. Give it a try.

I have the same problem on Mac (m1) when I'm using a monitor Dell P3421w.