IOS 14.4 Continued Bluetooth Issues

Hi all,
My phone has just been updated IOS 14.4. It seems there is no solution for Bluetooth problems.

My Iphone X with IOS 13 works well with the Bluetooth in my Toyota car. It can play music and receive phone call via Bluetooth. Since I got Iphone 12 Pro Max with IOS 14, more issue arises. Bluetooth just constantly disconnected when music is turned on. It is not able to receive phone call from Iphone via Bluetooth even though I did reset its setting as well as iphone settings. This issue is really annoying if somebody call when I am driving.

Does anyone get same frustrating matter?

I am so disappointed with Apple Services since IOS 14 was released . Please fix this as soon as possible.
  • I have Iphone 12 Pro, connecting to a bluetooth car, I can make and answer calls, but phone book and call list is not available.

• I have this same issue with my iPhone 12 mini. I never had any issues with my previous phone (Android). My partner also has no issues with their older model iPhone (running the same iOS version BTW).

The disconnection seems to happen when I switch apps I’m using to listen to audio (Music, Audible, YouTube, Spotify, etc.).

I drive a 2015 Mini Cooper and have been informed by the dealership that there are no updates for the audio system that haven’t already been installed.

Apple…. this sucks.

• Hi, I recently switched from Android to iPhone 12 Pro. My car is Skoda Octavia 2015. Since the very first time my iPhone was connected to the car audio, the sound is stuttering once in 15 - 20 seconds, turning my music experience from pleasant to annoying. How come that I have now almost the best phone in the world, and I have problems in a very basic functionality, where, by the way, Android never let me down. Please help

Accepted Reply

Bluetooth phone worked perfectly with my 2011 Volvo C70 with iPhone SE (2015), after I changed to iPhone 12 mini, bluetooth module in my car freezes and restarts after one phone call. Volvo has updated module to the newest software available but without luck. Checked with other iPhones 12, same story. Can you help in any way? iOS 14.4
  • Is this the accepted answer because Apple wants us to update the software in our cars whenever they perform major and minor version updates to iOS? I have a 2018 Nissan Leaf and Nissan hasn’t released an update for my vehicle, ever. I went to the dealer today, asked again if there are any updates and they assured me there were not. They then proposed ringing it in for service, possibly switching the OEM entertainment system out, to see if that fixes it. Neither options are appealing to me, since this problem only started on my iPhone XR after updating to iOS 14.7.

• I will mention that I can “forget the device” on my phone and car, repair and Bluetooth will work until I turn off the car. Usually within 3 cycles of driving the car (turning the car off and on), the Bluetooth connection will break and I can no longer connect the car and phone. I can listen to podcasts without the cars Bluetooth and speakers, but I no longer have hands free driving capability, as required in many municipalities. I consider the Bluetooth connection between my car and phone a safety feature, please fix!

• I have the same issues, iPhone 7 worked very well with no issues

Replies

Same problem here in Germany with my BMW 2 series. Never had an issue with my old iPhone 8 / iOS 14.0. Since I upgraded to iPhone 12 Pro with 14.4, the Bluetooth audio playback very often has audio dropouts. Also something like "Hey siri, play the news" leads to news with many audio dropouts. Very annoying.
I have the same problems since a couple of weeks ago. I have an Iphone 11 with ios 14.4.1 and still no solution to my bluetooth. I have a 2015 Jeep with uconnect handsfree.
I’ve been having a stuttering issue with my Bluetooth connection. Almost as if a CD was scratched. Wondering if that’s the same issue you were having?

Randomly it will skip like a scratched CD if it’s connected to my car, my work truck, Bluetooth speaker and ever AirPods.

My current solution to this is pulling down the control center and tapping the device selection button on the corner and just quickly switch iPhone and back to the device I’m connected to. And it’s fine until it happens again later, but it definitely is annoying to deal with in the first place.
Try going into your bluetooth on your phone and forget all your devices, then try to pair again, you have to forget ALL your devices for it to work. My problem then became that it would not pair with said devices again, but then I turned off Wifi and my VPN and then i was able to pair with my devices, then turn your Wifi back on again. Hope this helps.
Unfortunately, the "forget all BT devices" advice does not work. Neither does "Erase All Contents and Settings", etc. After multiple different tries, Apple sent me a replacement iPhone SE2, and it skips on BT too! It's an intermittent, fraction of a second, skip/pause/interruption of the BT signal. These "skips" occur on devices with BT v4.0, v4.2. v5.0 - Apple products, Bose, MPOW, Anker - does not matter. Phone in pocket or on table within a one foot of the device (headphones, speaker) - it doesn't matter since it still eventually skips. My old iPhone SE1, and my wife's iPhone X do not have the same skip issue (all have iOS 14.4 installed). Apple engineering had me download logging software and ran direct reports off of my iPhone SE2 while I kept a log (time of day) of when the BT "skips". The engineering department analyzed the report and indicated that it was a "known issue" that would be fixed in an "upcoming iOS update". Unfortunately, they didn't specify when. One would hope it would be fixed with iOS 14.5 since 14.4.1 was a security update only. Very annoying when it happens to say the least.
2021 and error this critical? I thought i have problem with my sennheiser headset. Bought ipod pros and same problem continues. Apple please fix this! Im really considering android because of this! Clients complain on webmeetings that my voice is going mute time to time. I have same bluetooth problems when
connected to my macbook. So frustrating!!
I have similar situation. I have Citroen C4 (B7) 2011 and my iPhone 12 Pro connecting with car as to bluetooth mode. First is audio streaming mode and is always connected and second is headphone mode. Headphone mode after 10 seconds connecting is disconnected automaticly. Even if I reconnect headphone mode then still after 10 seconds iPhone disconnect connection ehh :( This is unthinkable in 2021.
I'm not sure whenever you started having these problems, but I've been having them too. iPhone 12, and if I listen to connect anything but Airpods Pro with my phone they disconnect every 5 minutes. Just bought some $400 Sony XM4, and can't even use them. Where is the money that we spend on these products there's no excuse for issues getting worse instead of better. Every update it's getting worse. I just switched from Samsung and I'm regretting it. This has never, and I mean never happened to me before. I was just hoping I would find and an answer, except waiting for an update that makes it worse. Apple better fix this shit or I know what ill be doing, going back "To it just works", maybe if Steve if was around Apple and my Bluetooth connection would do that.

Hi guys .Just got a refusbished i phone x yesterday a step up from my 7 . The 7 had no bluetooth connection issues . Iwas using Bose sound sport ear buds and Bose speaker none of which are now even recognised by the bose app on the x . I did manage to get the speaker to pair to the x but it on stayed on for a few seconds before dissconecting and loosing connection . the 10 is running the 14.4.2 software and i think this is the issue.I have also tried all the resets for the bluetooth but with no luck .
Any help would be great .
I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 14.4.1 and I’m having Bluetooth problems with my sound car. The music is failing, intermittent. When I use my tablet running Android, the music plays normally. I updated to iOS 14.4.2 yesterday hoping the problem stops.
Same issue on my iPhone 6s Plus. I’ve read so many other complaints since the newest update. The other complaints were on various phones not just the older models. All Bluetooth devices I try to connect have the same issue. I’ve gone through all of the “fixes” and nothing works. Hopefully the next update will fix this. Very disappointed in Apple, especially since their products are so expensive.
Same here. Have had iPhones since 3GS and never had an issue.
Last phone before iPhone Pro Max 12 was an iPhone X which is the best phone i've ever had.
Never had any issues with bluetooth, now it's a nightmare. Stuttering audio in my earpods, disconnect, reconnect and it works fine for a few minutes than stuttering again. It works best in my Mercedes bluetooth where the problem is more rare but they are there too. I've tried everything that's listed, resetting network settings and all... same problem.
The only thing left is to start up the phone without using a backup, but that is insane.

I gave my wife my iPhone X but i'm thinking of swapping with her since i use my bluetooth (and phone in work) a lot and she doesnt use bluetooth. It's not worth these issues, this has to be hardware related.
iPhone 11. Bluetooth issues with Soundcore Life Q30. With iPhone 8 pairs perfect!!!!! With iPhone 11 there are sounds cuts an stuttering all the time. Shame on you. Please fix it!!!!! It’s impossible all the devices to be Apple. Please open up to the world and make compatible products. Don’t make users get bored of the brand.
I have a similar problem as many others here. My Iphone 12 Pro Max IOS 14.4.2 does connect through bluetooth in my new car (A DS3 Crossback) and I can even make calls. But when someone calls me, I can not take the call. I get a phone symbol in the display but when I press it, it just won't connect. Switched my simcard to my old IPhone 8 with the same IOS, and I can pick calls without any problems. I even went back to where I bought the car and we tried the Iphone 12 in another similar DS car. Same problem! Then we tried in a Peugeot, and it worked. What is wrong with the Iphone 12 software when it comes to some cars?
I have the same issue with my Lexus RX350 2020: If I am playing the music in the background and a call comes in, I can take this call, but the Bluetooth disconnected right after the call. I have to turn the Bluetooth on and off again to reconnect.
I had a test with the tech support, he ran a test on the hardware and no hardware issue was found.