IOS 14.4 Continued Bluetooth Issues

Hi all,
My phone has just been updated IOS 14.4. It seems there is no solution for Bluetooth problems.

My Iphone X with IOS 13 works well with the Bluetooth in my Toyota car. It can play music and receive phone call via Bluetooth. Since I got Iphone 12 Pro Max with IOS 14, more issue arises. Bluetooth just constantly disconnected when music is turned on. It is not able to receive phone call from Iphone via Bluetooth even though I did reset its setting as well as iphone settings. This issue is really annoying if somebody call when I am driving.

Does anyone get same frustrating matter?

I am so disappointed with Apple Services since IOS 14 was released . Please fix this as soon as possible.
  • I have Iphone 12 Pro, connecting to a bluetooth car, I can make and answer calls, but phone book and call list is not available.

• I have this same issue with my iPhone 12 mini. I never had any issues with my previous phone (Android). My partner also has no issues with their older model iPhone (running the same iOS version BTW).

The disconnection seems to happen when I switch apps I’m using to listen to audio (Music, Audible, YouTube, Spotify, etc.).

I drive a 2015 Mini Cooper and have been informed by the dealership that there are no updates for the audio system that haven’t already been installed.

Apple…. this sucks.

• Hi, I recently switched from Android to iPhone 12 Pro. My car is Skoda Octavia 2015. Since the very first time my iPhone was connected to the car audio, the sound is stuttering once in 15 - 20 seconds, turning my music experience from pleasant to annoying. How come that I have now almost the best phone in the world, and I have problems in a very basic functionality, where, by the way, Android never let me down. Please help

Accepted Reply

Bluetooth phone worked perfectly with my 2011 Volvo C70 with iPhone SE (2015), after I changed to iPhone 12 mini, bluetooth module in my car freezes and restarts after one phone call. Volvo has updated module to the newest software available but without luck. Checked with other iPhones 12, same story. Can you help in any way? iOS 14.4
  • Is this the accepted answer because Apple wants us to update the software in our cars whenever they perform major and minor version updates to iOS? I have a 2018 Nissan Leaf and Nissan hasn’t released an update for my vehicle, ever. I went to the dealer today, asked again if there are any updates and they assured me there were not. They then proposed ringing it in for service, possibly switching the OEM entertainment system out, to see if that fixes it. Neither options are appealing to me, since this problem only started on my iPhone XR after updating to iOS 14.7.

• I will mention that I can “forget the device” on my phone and car, repair and Bluetooth will work until I turn off the car. Usually within 3 cycles of driving the car (turning the car off and on), the Bluetooth connection will break and I can no longer connect the car and phone. I can listen to podcasts without the cars Bluetooth and speakers, but I no longer have hands free driving capability, as required in many municipalities. I consider the Bluetooth connection between my car and phone a safety feature, please fix!

• I have the same issues, iPhone 7 worked very well with no issues

Replies

I have literally the same problem in my iphone 11 and my phone is brand new, thought they would solve the issue with the update but still the same, i tried everything i don’t know what to do it’s frustrating
I’m having the exact same nightmare with Bluetooth too.

On iOS 13.x my iPhone X was connecting to all Bluetooth device just fine. The Bluetooth music streaming to my 2016 Infiniti stereo was flawless, connection to my multiple devices (MK Smartwatch, dashcam, etc.) were all fine.

when I updated to iOS 14.x this call changed. Now it won’t connect to the stereo without me turning Bluetooth off and on, then selecting the car manually as quickly as possible. Connections to other devices drop if the phone isn’t mere inches away from it.

if my phone is in my right-hand jacket pocket and my watch on my left wrist, it drops connection.

I have tried factory resets of all devices and the phone, but nothing works.

im seriously considering the real solution to be a move away from apple if I want some consistency.
Bluetooth phone worked perfectly with my 2011 Volvo C70 with iPhone SE (2015), after I changed to iPhone 12 mini, bluetooth module in my car freezes and restarts after one phone call. Volvo has updated module to the newest software available but without luck. Checked with other iPhones 12, same story. Can you help in any way? iOS 14.4
  • Is this the accepted answer because Apple wants us to update the software in our cars whenever they perform major and minor version updates to iOS? I have a 2018 Nissan Leaf and Nissan hasn’t released an update for my vehicle, ever. I went to the dealer today, asked again if there are any updates and they assured me there were not. They then proposed ringing it in for service, possibly switching the OEM entertainment system out, to see if that fixes it. Neither options are appealing to me, since this problem only started on my iPhone XR after updating to iOS 14.7.

• I will mention that I can “forget the device” on my phone and car, repair and Bluetooth will work until I turn off the car. Usually within 3 cycles of driving the car (turning the car off and on), the Bluetooth connection will break and I can no longer connect the car and phone. I can listen to podcasts without the cars Bluetooth and speakers, but I no longer have hands free driving capability, as required in many municipalities. I consider the Bluetooth connection between my car and phone a safety feature, please fix!

• I have the same issues, iPhone 7 worked very well with no issues

I have the same issues with my iphone 11 and car stereo. I had an old basic Android phone before the iphone and it worked flawlessly for years. I have been waiting for a fix from apple since ios 14 came out.
My BMW E60 car has problems with bluetooth on my Iphone 12 Pro Max ios 14.4 , with my old iphone 6s ios 12.1.2 no problem.

:(
I have had issues with Bluetooth ever since iOS 14, Bluetooth actually got better with iOS 14.3 for me, but iOS 14.4 seems to have reversed whatever it was that solved my issues, now with iOS 14.4 I am having more issues with Bluetooth than I ever have before with any iPhone or iOS.

Same things as reported, doesn’t connect to car stereo without fiddling in settings, turning off/on Bluetooth, hard rebooting iPhone.
My iPhone used to also pair flawlessly with my Windows 10 laptop for dynamic lock, now it doesn’t always see the phone without the same fiddling around and hard rebooting, even when it does connect, it drops out within 30 minutes tops and requires the fiddling in settings and hard rebooting to fix it (temporarily)...
This has to be a joke, Apple. How many people are affected by a CRITICAL issue and you have NOTHING official to say? Brand new iPhone 11, brand new AirPods Pro, all working fine until this ridiculously BAD version of iOS forced upgrade happens. Shameful.
Problem with connect bluetooth to my all device, previously ios 13 perfectly fine
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Fano Down vote reply of Fano
Even I having same issue with my xr after I updated with iOS 14.4, not only Bluetooth even sometimes WiFi connection also having issue
i stood on line to buy the first iphone in 2007 and only iphones ever since and have never once had a bluetooth issue until ios14

it didn’t bother me that this bug existed in ios14 when it first came out, but after 4 updates without a fix, the only conclusion one can come to is malice
I am sick and tired of having bluetooth issues. For what we pay $$$$$$$ for the iPhone, I would expect a simple feature as bluetooth to work flawlessly. Maybe my expectations are just too high? Please get this fixed ASAP!
Another “satisfied” Apple customer here :rolleyes:

iphone 8s running 14.3, worked great. “Upgrade” to a 12 pro max 512 and the brick cant reliably place or receive a phone call in my Tahoe.

I’ve literally spent hours on forums, reddit, with onstar, etc. Old 8 pairs up just fine, new 12 on 14.4 cant reliably stay connected to my vehicle. If i do manage to get it connected to make a call, it will the bluetooth/audio source (speaker/phone/General Motors) randomly. While I don’t have a way to debug the communication between the vehicle, the vehicle does fine with other bluetooth devices.

It is inexcusable that a $1400 device is this unstable/useless for basic functionality!

FIX IT!

I am experiencing the same bluetooth connection issues mentioned here with my new iPhone 12 Pro Max (iOS 14.4). I use the same two JBL devices (Live 500BT Headphones & Flip 3 speaker). I did not have the issue previously on my iPhone 8plus.

Apple please take the time to respond to your customers and resolve the issue.
I Googled and found several instructions on how to downgrade back to ios 13, as I'm having the same problem with Bluetooth in my car. One person said 14.4 is in beta, that is why it is buggy. I haven't tried the downgrade yet, but the instructions look straightforward. You need to make sure your data is backed up so you don't lose anything. Good luck!
  • ios 14.4 itself has a problem. Apple should do something to resolve this. Some of my phone apps cannot work in Bluetooth. I have to use my phone speaker to listen. This is a serious issue since iphone is compatible for Bluetooth airpod therefore they have to work on it to be sure this can be fixed in their next software update.

Add a Comment
I also share issues with Bluetooth since upgrading my 12 Pro Max to 14.4. It's specific to my car audio...
The vehicle is a 2016 Chevy SS, a.k.a Holden Commodore SS

The problem is that Audio playback from apps like Spotify or Youtube frequently skips. It's like the sound of a CD skipping. Interestingly, hands-free Bluetooth Audio calls no problem. Audio streaming to other devices such as my portable Bluetooth speaker and Bose headphones, Wife's BMW is all fine.
I have owned the iPhone 12 Pro Max since December 2020 and have experienced no issues until upgrading to IOS 14.4. I'm convinced this issue is specific to the new iPhone 12 family and IOS 14.4 because I can use my wife's iPhone XR (IOS 14.4) and my old iPhone 7 Plus (ios 14.2) in the same car without any skipping issues.

We know 14.4 brought changes to Bluetooth so that customers can specify what type of Bluetooth device is being paired. Could there be a relationship between this implementation and the problems being reported? Were there any other changes to Bluetooth such as chip-set firmware, buffering, signal strength etc.???

I have done everything, including a factory reset of my iPhone 12 PRo Max and installing the 14.5 Beta 2, hoping that it would solve the problem; however, both were unsuccessful. This is a very frustrating problem as I highly value the Bluetooth functionality in my car. I don't think it is fair to blame the vehicles audio system as it supports my households other iPhones just fine, and there have been no changes to it to explain this problem.

• Is there a fix for this yet? I bought this iPhone 12 Pro Max brand New and updated to iOS 14.7. It doesn’t see any Bluetooth devices at all. Can’t even find them. For how much I paid for this, Bluetooth failure is absolutely uncalled for. If I don’t get a fix reply in 2 days, it’s getting sent back.

• I too have had Bluetooth issues since upgrading my iPhone XR to 14.7. I was hoping 14.7.1 would fix it, but no luck.

Add a Comment