watchOS 7.3 battery drain issue

Hi, I own an Apple Watch series 6 cellular. After upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3 battery life has dramatically reduced. Used to use all day and night and when I woke up it had still 30% to 40% battery life before a quick charge. Now battery will be 5% before going to sleep.

please help me to solve the issue.

kind regards
  • I have the exact same issue. I actually had my watch changed thinking it was an internal battery issue only to learn it was mainly the beta software. I have back ground app refresh OFF; all non-essential app are deleted. I have experimented with many issues to isolate the problem. On my AW6, first, I killed using my watch as a remote and it helped. Next, I turned off the O2 sensors ability to check my levels randomly throughout the day - that dramatically helped.

My watch on some days will be at 60% when I go to bed. Many days, it will go from 100% to 0 in just 3 to 4 hours.

There is a bug in the software but I am convinced the battery is not big enough to operate all the features packed into the watch. Shameful.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same issue. Apple Watch series 4. Sudden battery drain as of mid-February. Battery life is now between 12 - 16 hours depending on the use case.
Same issue with AW6 and AW4
My reliable and steadfast Apple Watch 3 has only rarely suffered from battery drain glitches. When these have occurred, I have generally found that - though potentially triggered by a new Watch OS version - the underlying culprit was some app that wasn’t happy with that upgrade.

My watch usually has about 60% charge left when I slap it onto the charger at night. So when it recently started running out of juice completely by midday - I found my way here and learned that all the “usual suspects” had already been investigated and weren’t identified as useful fixes. At that point, I decided to try eliminating apps that might be troublesome.

I found removing one app in particular completely fixed everything and restored my watch to its usual happy rate of battery consumption. That app: Outlook. (I had it set as the center complication on my watch face, too.)

I don’t know if this might be an issue for others, but if your battery suddenly started crapping out by midday, and if you have Outlook installed on your watch, it might help to try removing it entirely. I hope this is useful.
After the update to 7.3.3, my apple watch 3 battery drained dramaticaly. Now I can´t link it to my IPhone XS any more. My watch is killed