IOS 14.5 APP-Crashing

Hello All,

Does anyone else have the problem that some non-Apple applications no longer start under IOS 14.5 DevBeta1, or crash directly on startup?
I would like to fix this problem before the final version 14.5 is released and our app becomes unusable.

Note: Kickstarter and YouTube cause exactly the same crash for me.

Greetings Markus
  • My iPad has even started to crash and whenever I would use a web browser or anything, it crashes every time. I had to uninstall the program and restart my iPad and now it’s fine, which is odd. So my advice is to anyone who is dealing with this problem, uninstall it and then restart it, don’t put it back on, otherwise it could do it again.

Add a Comment

Replies

This is happening to me and a good few others I know on the Beta programme I truly hope this gets fixed shortly
same for me. i hope it gets fixed soon
Can you please share stack trace of crash?
Happening to me to with the Apple TV/Apple TV+ app crashing when I try to open it:
  • Only occurs on iPad OS

• Version 14.5

• Only occurs when Wifi is turned on. With Wifi off the content loads normally for offline use.

• Reboots and app refresh has no change.

Our application is also crashing. It looks like our stack trace ends somewhere in swift's KeyPath implementation. Looks like in some cases (but not all) when using keypaths iOS 14.5 seems to crash. I haven't found the https://www.github.com/apple/swift PR that seemed to have caused the issue though. Hopefully the next beta will resolve it

FWIW my testing environment is a iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14.5b1 (18E5140k) but we have customer reports of this crashing on iPads and iPhones alike and the crash logs are identical.
Hello, the app I'm working on is crashing on launch on iOS 14.5.

We have identified the issue and fixed it in our code but would mean anyone who doesn't update the app will crash.

Issue:
Fatal Exception: NSInvalidArgumentException
Attempt to insert non-property list object

We were putting a dictionary into a user defaults that had an NSNull in it.

Will this be fixed in iOS 14.5 as its not an ideal situation or will our app just crash till users choose to update it.

happened to me as well. I ended up having to save a separate backup of 14.5 and reverting back to 14.4 just to I can find the issues. Really annoying.
Happening to me with iPad search. It spins the spinner a few seconds, freezes, then asks for passcode.
Hi. I updated my iPhone7 to IOS 14.5 yesterday and ALL my apps (SMS, Youtube, Settings, Facebook, etc) are crashing. I can open them but it automatically closes after a few seconds. Also the haptic feedback on my home button doesn’t stop clicking even if i dont use my phone and is on standby mode. Pls help me. What do i do? I already reset all settings but nothing changed. My phone memory isn’t full, it’s 39/128gb.
my email is gub932@gmail.com
Hey everyone,

Did some of you manage to fix this? My App is out in the AppStore and sadly unusable for everyone now. I just can't figure out where to error is.

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone fix this issue? My App is in Store working, was working fine till iOS 14.4. Users started upgrading to 14.5.1 and now the APP crashes on startup? Any suggestions would help. Upgraded XCode to 12.5 and no luck with that either.