L2CAP: Unknown error: 431 and 436

I am trying to work with L2CAP channels over BLE. The service discovery, PSM lookup (via characteristics) and such all work fine.

The channel connects and I am able to exchange a couple of packets before the input stream is closed unexpectedly.

Meanwhile, the console reports the following CoreBluetooth messages:

Code Block
error WARNING: Unknown error: 431
error WARNING: Unknown error: 436

As far as I can tell these error codes are undocumented and the L2CAP documentation is scarce at best. Does anyone know what they mean?

Accepted Reply

For anyone else who finds this in the future, I have been advised that the error codes are as follows:
  • 431: Peer device requested an L2CAP disconnection

• 436: Local device requested an L2CAP disconnection

• Hello just a question how are you able to know which error code correspond to what ? I go also an error "722" but i didn't manage to interpret it.

• How did you find to which error does the code belong ? I got another error code "722" but i'm not able to found what it mean.

Add a Comment

Replies

For anyone else who finds this in the future, I have been advised that the error codes are as follows:
  • 431: Peer device requested an L2CAP disconnection

• 436: Local device requested an L2CAP disconnection

• Hello just a question how are you able to know which error code correspond to what ? I go also an error "722" but i didn't manage to interpret it.

• How did you find to which error does the code belong ? I got another error code "722" but i'm not able to found what it mean.

Add a Comment

We are experiencing this on Monterey. The Bluetooth Core Framework has changed significantly. I hope apple will fix it ASAP.

• Our product mocha keyboard has also sometimes stopped working with error 431. There is not a pattern. I can get the L2CAP session with some devices, but it fails with other.

Add a Comment

I'd applaud a proper mapping table in the documentation…