App Tracking Transparency

Is App Tracking Transparency permission somehow broken only on my device (iOS 14.5 beta, iPhone SE 1st. gen), or everyone experiences the same issue?
Buttons are disabled - grayed out, ATT request dialog does not show on request.

Accepted Reply

Hi alesp5656, everyone. While I can't share details, I can confirm that multiple issues that affected this have now been fixed, both client-side and on the back-end.

Your continued bugs and persistence were instrumental in identifying the underlying issues. Thank you to everyone for filing bugs. If this issue is resolved, please use Feedback Assistant to mark your bug as closed. If it's not resolve, please continue to update bugs (or file new ones).

Thanks.

—jasonag.

Replies

Still broken with the 14.5 beta 2.
Still broken! Is there any update on this? I have just sent a feedback via Feedback app in beta version. (iphone 1 1 btw)
For me it worked to enable the option after i logged out of iCloud, seems to be available only for certain regions.
I tried to logged out but it did not work. Do you know the available regions or Is there any document that you can share with me to understand the implementation deeper?

Still broken with the 14.5 beta 3. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Still Broken! Works on some devices with iOS 14.4 , 14.5 beta 3 and then doesn’t work on some .. iOS 14.4 and 14.5 beta 3 ! Weird

all have the privacy -> tracking enabled !

no amount of restart app deletion helps !

I can't even flip the switch to enable ATT in the settings. Still grayed out.
I'm using the same account on two other devices (with the production iOS 14.4) where these switches (and ATT requests) work just fine.

We are like a few weeks away from when 14.5 will be released, and we have to deal with this kind of challenge when testing.
Still broken with the 14.5 beta 4. What on earth is happening? 😅 Are some devices in some AB test or what? 🤷🏼‍♂️
What about beta 5? You guessed it! Still broken.
Hi folks. Thanks for making note of this experience. Two things:
  • Depending on your device configuration, this likely is behaving as expected. In particular, if the device is in a restricted state (account associated with someone underage, an unknown age, a managed account, or an EDU account), then, per privacy, the expected behavior for these cases is to lock and disable the Allow Apps to Request to Track toggle.

If your device is not in one of these restricted states and you're still having this issue, please use Feedback Assistant to file a bug report.

(Those of you who filed feedback about this issue already received the above message.)
  • When experiencing issues, especially with beta releases, filing feedback via Feedback Assistant is the best way to ensure the relevant engineering teams are aware of the issue. This is especially true during the beta cycle, and even more so if you see the issue over multiple seed releases. We appreciate you posting about it here to see if others are having similar issues, or have identified workarounds, and you're encouraged to post your Feedback numbers here when you file.

Thanks,

—jasonag.

Feedback was filed & closed - Recent Similar Reports: More than 10, Resolution: Investigation complete - Works as currently designed.

In 14.5 beta 6, the issue is still present. How could this be "as currently designed"? 🤔
Alesp5656, is your device configured in the way I described above?

—jasonag.
The device is configured for over-aged users. The account is not managed & not for EDU. I'm using it on multiple iOS devices with the latest & greatest iOS production versions (14.4.x), and it works fine (I can normally use ATT settings & features).

On that same device that now has issues, before 14.5 betas, ATT was working as expected (14.0 - 14.4). Something changed when I installed the first iOS 14.5 beta.
Thanks Alesp5656. Can you give me you Feedback Assistant number so I can get this issue back to engineering?

They may have more questions and may need you to gather a couple of additional logs so they can track this down.

—jasonag.
Sure, no problem. Just let me know if I can help somehow. Here is my FA number FB9053845.