How can I change app name?

I've tried the various methods listed in the forums, but it doesn't work so I ask a question
Here's how I tried:
  • Build Settings> Change "Product Name"

• TARGETS> Select app> Change "Display Name"

• Project Navigator> Select project name> Double-click> Change "project name"> Rename> Mange Scheme> Change "Scheme name"

• info.plist> Change "Bundle Display Name"

After doing the above 4 methods, Clean> Build and install the app on the device.

Is there any other way?

The app is released on the App store.
  • I changed Bundle ID too and it worked fine.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I solved it by changing the CBBundleDisplayName in the InfoPlist.strings files.
Add a Comment

Replies

I solved it by changing the CBBundleDisplayName in the InfoPlist.strings files.
Add a Comment

@DSNET If you want to change the displayed extension name on Safari's Preferences window, changing CFBundleDisplayName (not CBBundleDisplayName) should work for Safari extensions too, but you need to reopen Safari to reflect it.

I've tried all your ways to change display name. But it always set to a certain value rather than a variable value declared in .xcconfig file when I reopen Xcode next time . Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

I'm trying to change the name for a separate copy of TextEdit and I cannot find either CBBundleDisplayName, CFBundleDisplayName, or CFBundleName in the Contents of the TextEdit copy.app. The only .plist file that I can find inside TextEdit copy.app/Contents which contains "TextEdit" is /Applications/TextEdit copy.app/Contents/Resources/TextEdit-Entitlements.plist which contains the key:

<key>com.apple.application-identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.TextEdit</string>

However, it doesn't seem likely (but I'm guessing) that the Main Menu would take it's app name from this key.

Any other ideas on how to make this work with TextEdit on Catalina?