kSecAttrAccessibleAlwaysThisDeviceOnly icloud restore vs transfer directly from iphone

kSecAttrAccessibleAlwaysThisDeviceOnly behaves differently when we do an icloud restore vs when we transfer from another iphone option during new phone setup, keychain value get erased as expected on icloud restore, but is getting retained when transfer from another iphone option is used

Replies

(For folks reading along, there’s a bunch of background in this thread.)

I’ve not tested this case, and I don’t have time to look into this in the context of DevForums. My initial suggestion is that you have a read through Apple Platform Security doc to see if it discusses this case. If that doesn’t yield the results you need, open a DTS tech support incident, which will allow me to allocate the time to dig into this properly.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"
submitted a feedback for the above, numbered FB9040193
@Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple, did you happen to check this?
Check what? Your bug report? If yes, AFAICT FB9040193 came back to you with a request for more info.

Share and Enjoy

"If that doesn’t yield the results you need, open a DTS tech support incident, which will allow me to allocate the time to dig into this properly."

I opened up the incident so that you can "allocate time" to dig into this. Now you're asking for more info, its pretty straight forward, all apps are behaving like this , install any app with registration and login process in it, and then move it to another phone, i don't know what further help does apple need from me. It is pretty straight forward process, you want me to simulate this as well!!!!????

I opened up the incident so that you can "allocate time" to dig into
this.

You seem to be confused about Apple’s support channels here, so let’s see if I can clear that up:
  • My organisation, Developer Technical Support, aka DTS, provides code-level support for developers. Our primary role is to provide one-on-one support via DTS tech support incidents.

• Feedback Assistant is the recommended way to provide feedback, and that includes bug reports, to Apple.

You have opened a Feedback Assistant bug report (hence the FB in FB75347484), and the keychain engineering team has asked you for more info about your issue. This is not a tech support incident which means that I’m not directly involved.

In my earlier post I suggested that you open a DTS tech support incident. If you had done that then your incident would have been assigned to me (or one of my colleagues) which would allow me to allocate time to look into it.

Share and Enjoy

Its your wish, if you want to solve it then solve it. otherwise leave it. I am not going to spoon feed everything to you. It's quite evident that apple clearly doesn't care about its own bugs, why should i raise a DTS incident or a feedback or post on its forum or whatever else you have enabled to simply waste our time. You're acting as if we have all the time in the world!! You think i have the time to do these things on your behalf?