Universal Control

Having just updated both my iPad and my M1 Mac to the new betas, I guess it is safe to say that Universal Control isn't a live feature yet? (Or I am just an *****?)

• Same here

• Not working here either. M1 Macbook Pro and 2020 iPad Pro.

• Same here feature unavailable yet

Replies

same here - m1 Mac mini and an m1 iPad Pro... nada. Screen sharing to the iPad works great though.

Add a Comment

Same here. Hope this isn’t one of these features which get announced and then released in a .5 macOS/iOS version (like Messages in iCloud…).

Same here. And my iPad Pro and 2017 MacBook Pro meet the system requirements.

Same here MacBook Pro 2020 and Ipad Pro 2020

Same here, Mac mini M1 and iPad Pro 2020. Sidecar works so that confirms most of the Apple ID, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth requirements. Glad I checked here, although spent last 20 mins looking for a tick box on both devices.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of sirv Down vote reply of sirv
Add a Comment

Same here I was just wondering will it work with intel mac and a M1 iPad Pro or will it work with intel Macbook and a just iPad that has no M1 in it

Same on M1 iPad Pro and M1 Air, even tried it with a magic trackpad paired to both. Can't find any setting or configuration info to see if there's any requirements 🤷‍♂️

Same here - MBP M1 and iPad Pro 12,9" 2020....

Still no dice on beta 2

• I haven’t’ tried recently

• Yeah same here Beta 2 re-release still not working

Add a Comment

Still not working, Beta 2, iPad Pro 2nd Get, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020), Intel chip

but what does this feature "universal control" do, or how would you like to use it?

• It allows you to use your Macbook M1 MacOS 12 trackpad or mouse also on iPad iOS 15 if devices are next to each other. You simply need to swipe through the MacBook screen edge towards an iPad and the cursor will appear on it. No need for a second trackpad/mouse. Tim showed it during last event, it's on Youtube as well. You can also swipe files etc.

Add a Comment

I have MacBook Pro A1708 and iPad 6ª and universal control doesn't work, is supposedly?

Add a Comment

Does not work for me either. Devices:

• M1 Mac Mini
  • M1 iPad Pro

Universal Control works for me. I'm running Monterey 21A5284e on an M1 MBA and the latest version of iPadOS public beta on a third generation iPad Pro.

• Did you need to do anything to enable this as I'm running an M1 Mac mini and iPad Pro's all on the latest beta's and can't get it working?

Thanks

• How did you get to to work- I have July 2019 MacBook Pro and a 11 inch iPad Pro the M1 version and certain settings?

• Got M1 MBP and iPad Pro 4th gen and nth. How's that possible?

Eureka, now if we could get Time Machine to work

Add a Comment