Universal Control

Having just updated both my iPad and my M1 Mac to the new betas, I guess it is safe to say that Universal Control isn't a live feature yet? (Or I am just an *****?)

• Same here

• Not working here either. M1 Macbook Pro and 2020 iPad Pro.

• Same here feature unavailable yet

Replies

I still can’t get universal control to work I just tried with a intel MacBook Pro and M1 iPad Pro. I just wonder if it only works for M1 chips and not intel

i wonder if intel MacBook and a M1 iPads would work

intel Mac with a iPads with A chip in

two M1 things

• @ilarkin1 I think you might be right. I have Intel Mac and A-chip iPad. Doesn't work. I also saw on a website that intel Macs will not get universal control. (https://www.howtoisolve.com/universal-control-not-working-mac-and-ipad/)

My MacBook: A2141 (2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch 1TB) My iPad: A2228 Still nothing.

• Apple doesn't list UC as one of the features that require M1. Those seem to be focused more around things that require the Neural Engine.

Add a Comment

Latest beta 4 and no sign of it working between an intel macbook pro and M1 iPad. If it now works between M1 macs and iPads it's kind of weird that they're still no mentions of it in the release notes unless I'm missing something.

Same here. Nothing between M1 MBP and 2020 iPad Pro. I don't think it's gonna happen in betas...

Just strange that only one person here got it working, but not the rest of us its not working

I am still not seeing this work, I am the very latest developer beta, has this been enabled yet?

If some people installed Monterey Beta 4 like when it came out probably universal control was working for them and then probably apple turned it off and so the people that installed Beta 4 later in day did not get it....

@musicandmacs Is UNIVERSAL control working for you still or has it stopped working?

Is there any information whether this will be available on intel Macs? I saw a website that says it won't. I downloaded the latest available versions of the OS-es today, and turned on Handoff, bluetooth, and wifi.

My MacBook: A2141 (2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch 1TB) My iPad: A2228

Still nothing.

• tbh I heard only M1 will have it

• Who’s in charge of universal control? Can some send them a email or a tweet

Add a Comment

At least it now appears in the search function in Control Panel. That's a first for me (beta 7). Not doing much other than that at the mo. It's a bit vexing that it's taking so long to show up given that it's based on technologies that have been shipping for years.

2020 M1 MacBook Air running the OS Monterey Public Beta and M1 iPad Pro 3rd Generation with iPad OS 15 and no luck. I even added the process in the article below to gain the 'Advanced' option in Mac Display settings. Still with no luck. Every time I look at 'airplay and handoff' settings on iPad I had to toggle 'handoff' on and off to see the 'Cursor and Keyboard' option. As soon as I back out of that menu it disappears. I can only assume this means Universal Control will be unavailable until the full release of Monterey.

https://www.makeuseof.com/enable-universal-control-macOS-monterey-beta/

Just updated to 12.0.1 --> same as someone above. I can find it using search in preferences. sometime menu open with "enable" box, but box not selectable M1 Pro + 2year iPad Pro on 15.0.1

I just updated to the latest software (OS 12.0.1 on my MacBook Air M1 and iPadOS 15.1 on my iPad Pro 4th gen 12.9) - no luck with Universal Control. If I search for it in System Preferences on the Mac I get a modal to enable it but I can't click the options:

• same here - i have Macbook air M1 (2020) and ipad air 4th gen. so if someone knows why, please give ahint :D

Add a Comment

I still can’t get universal control work with my M1 Mac mini. Anybody able to get it to work? Thanks

• Nah. Still nothing. According to Mac Rumors an update will fix it but when, nobody knows :/

• Thank you for the reply!

Add a Comment

Universal control Works well between MBP M1 Max and IPad Pro M1, also between Intel MBP and IPad Pro M1. But does not work between MBP M1 Max and Intel MBP.

MBP M1 Max is running on MacOs12.3 Intel MBP is running on MacOs12.3 IPad Pro M1 is running on IpadOs 15.4

Any one facing the similar issue between Intel and M1 max? Any resolution to this?

Still not working on Mac 12.3 running on Mac Mini (2020 - M1) and iPad 15.4 (8th Gen)

Add a Comment