No notification sounds in ios15 beta?

Is anyone else experiencing notifications appearing on iPhone but no sounds? I’ve checked all settings and they seem to be correct. This just started a day ago.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of litdoc Down vote post of litdoc
53k views
  • i have a similar issue. custom sounds for telegram, outlook and slack sounds are reset to default or not playing at all on notifications.

• I have this problem on my IPad. It’s a definite glitch in the program as many people are reporting the same issue. Maybe a fix with 15.2?

• Same issue here on iOS 15.1. I went through all recommended solutions and no success.

Replies

I am now experiencing this problem where my phone will play a sound for calls but not for notifications, it just vibrates. Is there a fix for this? I am running iOS 16.1.2 and I have tried restarting my phone.

Same here. I have an iPhone 13, iOS 16.3.1. Mine started after I purchased two new alert tones on 2/26/2023. The tones are assigned to two individuals as the TEXT notification. Nothing else. Now none of my text notifications.

For the amount of money we pay, why hasn’t Apple corrected this issue. I’m topped off restarting my phone for sound notifications and even then, that doesn’t always work. All I get are vibration notifications. I will be switching back to Samsung. I can no longer handle all the glitches with iPhone yet paying so much. I have had this phone for at least 3 years and it has had the same problem. I will be switching this year

• @Kat4876543: it’s not a glitch - it’s something Apple has done intentionally. The logic is that if you’re wearing your watch, then you don’t need the alerts on your phone as well. So when you watch is locked - sound alerts go to your phone and not your watch. When your watch is unlocked, sound alerts go to the watch and NOT the phone, regardless of the notification settings. Apple created this update a few iOS’s ago and it is a terrible idea. Better to give the users the ability to choose.

Add a Comment

I ain’t getting any sound alerts on either my watch or iPhone, tried everything.

me too. Tried everything!

Possible Solution

I can't be sure this will fix everyone's issues, but I was having trouble getting sounds, alerts, and various notifications to play after an update to iOS 15.8 on my 7th-generation iPod Touch. I sent the following message to Apple but it will be sent as a bug report, too:

Since the recent 15.8 upgrade, volume buttons on the side of my iPod Touch 7 make sound in Sounds > Settings but nothing outside iOS settings. The slider shows a red bell with a line through it and no sound no matter how much the slider (visually) moves up + down.

• I went into Settings > Sounds > Ringer and Alerts.
  • There is a button below the volume slider > Change with Buttons.
  • If it's ON (green, darker, or color background), turn it off.
  • Quit out of Settings and use the volume buttons to turn the volume up and down again.

You should now hear sounds you've set for your ringer or a similar alert sound, and see the side volume slider again but without the Mute icon. Test it out with other alert sounds to be sure.

If you're still having issues with your alert sounds, double-check your Accessibility settings. You may not have changed anything, but it's a good idea to be thorough. Double-check any settings that have to do with sound(s) or alerts.

Good luck!

Better Solution Than My Previous One

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I've found a better solution here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OZmm_fP1IA

There's a Silent Mode button hidden in the control panel settings:

1. Settings > Control Panel.
  2. Scroll down to Silent Mode.
  3. Move it into/to the top of the Included Controls list.
  4. Quit out of Settings and open the Control Panel, slide your thumb from the very bottom to the top on most screens.
  5. In the first row below the first couple of groups of icons such as Airplane Mode settings, Focus, and Home—depending on your settings—should be the Silent Mode button. It's a bell icon, sometimes in red or another color depending on your settings, with a line through it.
  6. Disable it. It should now be a bell icon with no line and the color will change to white or the alternate color set up in your settings.
  7. Quit out of Settings.

This solution is thanks to Jacob Drozh, and his YouTube username is: @JacobDrozh (I can't use the YT link here because of the format).

Thanks Jacob!