No notification sounds in ios15 beta?

Is anyone else experiencing notifications appearing on iPhone but no sounds? I’ve checked all settings and they seem to be correct. This just started a day ago.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of litdoc Down vote post of litdoc
53k views
  • i have a similar issue. custom sounds for telegram, outlook and slack sounds are reset to default or not playing at all on notifications.

• I have this problem on my IPad. It’s a definite glitch in the program as many people are reporting the same issue. Maybe a fix with 15.2?

• Same issue here on iOS 15.1. I went through all recommended solutions and no success.

Replies

I have the same problem.

• Out of all the suggestions here, none worked. What surprises me the most is the most obvious first check thing to do: is the little silence switch on your iPhone (the one next to the volume control switches) turned ON??? Sometimes when people drop their iPhones, depending on how it hits the ground, the impact can force that switch into silence mode.

Add a Comment

Yes. First I couldn’t lower the sound it was on full blast. Then a day later I now have no sound no matter what I do

I have sounds. But they are just really low.

Same issue no sound/ringing sometimes notification pops up and immediately goes away like I declined but the phone is still ringing for the other person

Yes, I’m having this same issue. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Yes I have the same issue, message notifications make a sound when unlocked, but not when locked, Lock Screen does not even light up when notification received. If I wake it up the notification is there.

I am using a custom sound, I changed it to default, but the sound remains the same

settings -> notifications -> (relevant app) -> customise notifications. ensure each account you want to have make a sound has alerts enabled. It has taken me days to get to this!

• I just updated to iOS 15.0.1 and all of a sudden I do not get notification sounds. I can hear sounds in the sound settings but not when an email or message is received. I have tried changing the sound, restarting the iPhone but no change. For email, I went to notifications-customize notifications-accounts-alerts and make sure alerts is turned on. That worked for me for email sounds, but nothing like that for message settings

• I have same issue. It seems the problem is in ios 15 and 15.0.1. I'd like Apple to fix the software bug soon.

• Using doldrums instructions, under customize notifications, that worked to get email notifications. However, my husband's iphone 13 does not have that as a selection for mail at all! So he cannot complete the steps.

Add a Comment

Same issue here. 15.1 beta and my text messages are randomly making sounds. Calls seem to come through and so do other alerts. I just turned on the flash with notification and keep my phone facedown so I can see it. I just removed the beta profile till a stable one releases free of this bug. Hopefully it doesn’t affect my alarms 🤌🏽

• I am using the released version of 15.1, still the same. The sounds worked after a restart when using 15, but with 15.1 even that is gone..no change after reboot as well.

• Yep, been on 15.1 for a while. I have normal sounds like videos, even keyboard clicks, etc. but ever since I’ve been on iOS 15+ I have to reboot my phone multiple times a day to get sounds back. So frustrating.

Add a Comment

I updated iPhone X to ios 15 and ios 15.0.1. But after that, my incoming message no sound.

Please fix this update bug.

Skype notifications were working fine with sounds until i updated to 15 and later to 15.0.1. Notification sounds when phone is unlocked but not when locked. Tried everything possible but nothing seems to be working. Using persistent alert just to ensure I’m not losing notifications! I think it’s the same for other apps like telegram/whatsapp.

I have the same problem and when I checked the settings everything looks as it was before the last update

I took out my very old iPhone se (1st gen) and started using it again, it is supposed to be compatible with iOs 15. When I get text or email it vibrates very gently, like I can feel it if I'm holding it in my hand, but no notification sounds, no ringtone when I get a call.

iOS 15 feels like Apple is forcing me to upgrade my old phone.

Like many of you, my notifications volumes was minuscule compared to the ringer volume on my iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.0.2. Then I found the following solution suggested (I don't remember where I found it):

1. Settings -> Sounds and Haptics -> Ringers and Alerts
  2. Drag the volume slider to minimum, then drag it to maximum, then back to your desired volume.

That's it; the volumes of notifications are now well-matched to the ringer volume.

• This 100% just worked for my wife’s phone. She had sound when phone was awake no sound when phone screen off. I did this just like he said and it is working with screen off at this very moment. Good looking on this.

• This just worked for my phone as well!

• Max/Min slider solution was a winner for me!

Turn off "Attention Aware Features" then turn it back on. It solves the problem for me.

I have the same issue with notification sounds not working unless the phone is unlocked. However, the notification still sounds on my watch. When I turn off Bluetooth, the notification sound works just fine.