Xcode Build error with React Native “___cxa_increment_exception_refcount”

I'm getting the following error when trying to build to a device in Xcode. It works fine on the simulator.

Xcode 12.5 and React Native 0.63.3 I've tried a clean build. deleted and reinstalled Pods

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
"___cxa_increment_exception_refcount", referenced from: folly::cxxabi_cxa_exception_sans_reserve() in libFlipper-Folly.a(Exception.o) ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Same issue here on xcode 12.5, react-native 0.64.2, Flipper 0.96.1, Flipper-Folly 2.6.9

I also faced this problem while building in Xcode - please fix this guys as soon as possible

Solution:

Turns out the newest version of Flipper-Folly (2.6.9) is causing this issue. Replace that line with: use_flipper!({'Flipper' => '0.92.0', 'Flipper-Folly' => '2.6.7'})

Original answer: Answer on Stack Overflow

Solution:

Turns out the newest version of Flipper-Folly (2.6.9) is causing this issue. Replace that line with: use_flipper!({'Flipper' => '0.92.0', 'Flipper-Folly' => '2.6.7'}) Original answer: Answer on Stack Overflow

Xcode Build error with React Native “___cxa_increment_exception_refcount”

Q