ShazamKit during AVCaptureSession - Recognize audio while using camera

Hi, I want to implement ShazamKit in my project. But I have some problems.

I use AVCaptureSession to take photos in my app and I'm unable to use ShazamKit.

I tried to use three different ways

1. Use an AVAudioEngine during my AVCaptureSession

But I didn't obtain any result from Shazam.

1. Try to use ShazamKit after stopping my AvCaptureSession but this causes some problems, and some crashes.

2. Try to use the buffer of my AVCaptureSession to catch audio directly without use AVAudioEngine.

This is the code that I use with AVAudioEngine:

try! audioSession.setActive(true, options: .notifyOthersOnDeactivation)

let inputNode = self.audioEngine.inputNode

let recordingFormat = inputNode.outputFormat(forBus: 0)

let audioFormat = recordingFormat //AVAudioFormat(standardFormatWithSampleRate: self.audioEngine.inputNode.outputFormat(forBus: 0).sampleRate,

//                            channels: 1)

inputNode.installTap(onBus: 0, bufferSize: 1024, format: audioFormat) { (buffer: AVAudioPCMBuffer, when: AVAudioTime) in

try! self.signatureGenerator.append(buffer, at: nil)

self.session.matchStreamingBuffer(buffer, at: nil)

}

self.audioEngine.prepare()

try! self.audioEngine.start()

I can choose two ways to do this, use AVCaptureSession output to pass it to ShazamKit or use an AVAudioSession after the stop of AVCaptureSession.

So I have two questions:

1. Can I use a CMSampleBufferRef from AVCaptureSession buffer in a SHSession?

And if the answer is yes how?

1. How can I prevent this error if I want to use an AVAudioSession after I stopped my AVCaptureSession?
[aurioc]            AURemoteIO.cpp:1117  failed: -10851 (enable 1, outf< 2 ch,      0 Hz, Float32, deinterleaved> inf< 2 ch,      0 Hz, Float32, deinterleaved>)
[avae]            AVAEInternal.h:76    required condition is false: [AVAEGraphNode.mm:834:CreateRecordingTap: (IsFormatSampleRateAndChannelCountValid(format))]
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'com.apple.coreaudio.avfaudio', reason: 'required condition is false: IsFormatSampleRateAndChannelCountValid(format)'

Thanks

Replies

Hi RedSun

1. You can use a CMSampleBufferRef, please see this answer for an example here

2. It looks like your sample rate is 0Hz, sometimes it is better to be explicit with what sample rate you require rather than reading it from a property.

Hope this helps!