Rejection message from the App Store - your app includes Back to TestFlight buttons

Hi all. My app was rejected because of this

Multiline

Guideline 2.3.10 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your app or its metadata includes irrelevant references to your app’s development process.

Specifically, your app includes Back to TestFlight buttons in the screenshots.

Since apps on the App Store should be ready for consumers, including references to the development process in your app or metadata is not permitted.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove all references to the developer process from your app and its metadata, including the app description, promotional text, What's New info, previews, and screenshots.

Please see attached screenshot for details.

Since your App Store Connect status is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary. To revise the metadata, visit App Store Connect to select your app and revise the desired metadata values. Once you’ve completed all changes, reply to this message in Resolution Center and we will continue the review.

Bug Fix Submissions

If this is a bug fix submission and you'd like to have it approved at this time, reply to this message in Resolution Center to let us know. You do not need to resubmit your app for us to proceed.

Alternatively, if you'd like to resolve these issues now, please feel free to resubmit. Let us know if you have any questions about the issues we found in our review.

You may appeal your app rejection if you believe this decision was made incorrectly. We also invite you to provide feedback on our review guidelines.

BlockQuote

And this is a screenshot

As far as I understand this button appears if the app started right from the TestFlight. If you start the app by clicking on the app icon this button doesn't show up.

What shoud I do in this situation?

Thanks

Add a Comment

Replies

From what I can see, the reviewer wasn't happy about your screenshots.

Specifically the top left corner of the screenshot has the word "TestFlight". Replace that screenshot with a one that doesn't mention TestFlight and re-submit the app.

I recommend using the Xcode iOS Device Simulator to take screenshots. There's a button in the toolbar to save a screenshot, or the keyboard hsortcut is Cmd-S..

You should submit screenshots with at least the following screen sizes:

• 6.7" - iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • 5.5" - iPhone 8 Plus
  • 12.9" - iPad Pro (assuming your app makes sense on iPad)
  • other screen sizes if you're willing to take the time