iOS UIAlertController Line separator missing in iPhone 12, iOS 15

The line separator is missing in the alert controller. I am encountering this issue only in the iPhone 12 series devices running iOS 15, in the other versions it works fine. Please share your inputs.

Screen capture from iPhone 12 (Line separator is absent)

Screen capture from iPhone 11

Here, I have annotated the line separator with a red color box.

UIAlertController* alert = [UIAlertController alertControllerWithTitle:@"My title"        message:@"My subtitle"        preferredStyle:UIAlertControllerStyleAlert];                UIAlertAction* defaultAction = [UIAlertAction actionWithTitle:@"OK" style:UIAlertActionStyleDefault        handler:^(UIAlertAction * action) {}];                [alert addAction:defaultAction];        [m_window.rootViewController presentViewController:alert animated:YES completion:nil];

• The reported issue persists in the iOS 15 GM version also.

• Adding to the aforementioned points the above-reported issue got replicated in the same iPhone 12 device running with IOS 14 as well. Hence it is a device-specific issue.

Add a Comment

Replies

I cannot replicate the problem.

I tested in:

• Xcode 13ß5
  • iPhone 12 ProMax simulator with iOS 15.0

I get the line:

Code (Swift) as follows:

@IBAction func goToNotice(_ sender: UIButton) {

let alert = UIAlertController(title: "Go to Notice 💙", message: "after alert", preferredStyle: .alert)

alert.addAction(UIAlertAction(
               title: "OK",
               style: UIAlertAction.Style.default,
               handler: { _ in
                    DispatchQueue.main.async { 
                         if let passDataVC = UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: nil).instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: "NoticeViewID") as? NoticeScrollViewController {
                              self.present(passDataVC, animated: true, completion: nil)
                         }
                    }
               }))
          self.present(alert, animated: true, completion: { print("Favourite button Pressed") } )

}

• This issue occurs only in iPhone 12 devices running iOS 15 beta, not on simulators. Xcode 13.1 beta

• OK, I've not installed iOS 15 on device. Please file a bug report.

Add a Comment

Maybe problem related to the one reported here? :

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/691284

In iOS 15 there's a new property on UITableView called fillerRowHeight (documentation), which allows you to re-enable them for plain-style table views if desired, and even control the height of the filler rows (adjust the spacing between these extra separators).

Did you file a bug report ?

The issue is getting replicated in IOS 14 iPhone 12 Device not in simulator.

• I've no iPhone 12 here, sorry I cannot test. But if it does not show on simulator, that's probably a bug.

Add a Comment