Issue with HTML select element in iOS 15 beta 8

On iOS 15 beta, when I tried to check my application, the select element is having issue. As when I clicked on select dropdown, the option list was not shown. The error message was "Failed to present a context menu for configuration with identifier".

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of GauravManani Down vote post of GauravManani
4.4k views
  • Hi Gaurav, I am also getting same issue, did you get any solution for above problem.

Add a Comment

Replies

Is this a web app? Or an iOS app that’s using a web view to host its HTML content?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• @eskimo, It's an iOS app that's using a web kit to host it's HTML content.

• @eskimo I'm also facing the same bug with a web app that has been added to the home screen. Tricky thing is that it is not always happening, it will work fine at fist, but seems like when the app hasn't been used for a while and you access it again (maybe something related to the app being reloaded in the background or something, very hard to say i dont have any log to took at...), the option list of a select element is not shown. I believe it is a display issue because i'm still able to select an option if I click where the option would be displayed... The only way to get around it is to kill the app and relaunch it. Also this never happens when the app is used with Safari.

• Exactly same issue

Add a Comment

I am also facing same issue "Failed to present a context menu for configuration with identifier" with HTML Select element. It is iOS app that is using wkwebview at a place to load html content. Please share here if any one finds solution to it.

we are having the same issue with all the HTML SELECT controls in a PWA; the problem shows once the device goes in standby, we are currently asking our users to keep the device on to avoid this; if it happens they have to close and restart the app; this has been going on for a while now, I really hope a fix can be released soon.

Add a Comment

I've did an indepth investigation on this select dropdown problem and posted an issue at bugs.webkit.org: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=238318

It's a problem with dropdowns of several components (such as select, input file/date/month) where either the animation to have the dropdown appear or disappear gets stuck. You can sometimes see the dropdown being tiny and very transparent (if you zoom into a screenshot) and sometimes you'll be able to select an option even though you don't see the dropdown.