Scrolling Issue in macOS Monterey (21A5522h) M1 Macbook Pro

Hello,

I have been facing an issue since I updated to the latest beta version. Scrolling randomly stops working until I left my fingers off the trackpad and then scroll again.

I'm not sure if this is a bug related to the latest version, or it is a hardware issue.

Any one having similar behavior?

• Similar problems here too - M1 MBAir (21A5522h). Never saw the issue prior to latest OS upgrade

• Ok, I'm a bit relieved knowing that it is a bug, not a hardware issue 😅. I hope they release an update soon to fix this, it is a really annoying bug.

• i have this same issue occur right after i installed to macOS monterey (oct 2021) bug has not fixed, almost purchased a new magic mouse. hope they fix it soon

Accepted Reply

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to be fixed with the latest beta update (21A5534d)

• I have the same issue on macOs 12.0.1 (21A559). Every time the system goes to sleep it wakes with no scroll on magic mouse and I have to restart to recover it. Hope there will be a fix soon.

• I am on a 2020 M1 Macbook Air. My OS is Monterey 12.0.1. There are no current updates available. My Apple BT mouse stopped scrolling. I changed it out with another apple mouse from a different computer and at first it worked but now that mouse will not scroll. Both are scrolling with my desktop iMac. It also has the latests Monterey OS. The problem is not resolved.

• 12.1 has this issue with low power mode with my Macbook Pro 14". Two finger scrolling stops working quite frequently.

Replies

Happens on a new m1 pro 14 inch. But I also have a problem with pinch to zoom in/out gestures. 30% times I have to repeat the gesture. Drives me nuts. I am hopping that this is related to the software bug you are all experiencing. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to test this laptop on older versions of OS so I can't be sure if this is hardware related in my case or not. Are you experiencing problems with zoom in/out (with two fingers) as well? I've been using 2015 macbook before which never had failed to register gestures like this.

Scrolling still doesn't work on Apple Magic Mouse. If I reboot, it works. Until it goes to sleep, then it stops working again. Trackpad consistently continues to work fine. MacBook Pro M1 2020, OS Monterey installed last week.

+1 on this issue. I’m also facing the same issue with scroll on Magic Mouse after the latest update of OS…

I have the same issue. I am using macOS 12.01 on MacBook Air M1 and my Magic Mouse 2 doesn't scroll anymore unless I turn it off and on again. then it works, until didn't use the Mac for few hours.

Same here, every time I wake the MacBook from hibernation the mouse scrolling is not working. Turning off and on the mouse fixes it. MacBook Pro M1, MacOs 12.0.1, MagicMouse 2

Same issue. Intel MacBook Pro 15'' 2019, macOS 12.0.1

I spent 3 hours upgrading and now can't work - mouse clicks, and that's all - no scrolling or swiping.

Massive problem for me.

After I upgraded my Macbook Air M1 2020 to Monterey 12.0.1, the scroll sometimes started to revert the direction randomly using the trackpad. It is intermitent. I also use the app Scroll Reverser to revert the mouse direction and dont't you if this is the bug cause.

• I'm having the same problem. Scrolling with the trackpad will sometimes just go the opposite direction. Problem stops after picking up my fingers and scrolling again, but it's completely random. I also use Scroll Reverser. Going to try disabling it for a few days to see if that fixes the problem.

Add a Comment

I have the same problem on both my M1 mac book air (2021) and M1 mac mini. As soon as I updated to Monterrey I could no longer scroll by stroking the mouse.

Similar issue after updating to Monterey on my 2020 iMac 5k 27" in both Safari and Firefox in page scrolling is gone and scroll bars are missing UNTIL I resize the window, then the scroll bar will briefly return, but soon disappear until the window is resized again, and in page scroll is gone no matter what.

Same problem here with Air M1. I bought a new Magic Mouse 2 and it started to happen. But it doesn't happen with the first version of the Magic Mouse… Another thing that also happens is losing the caps lock light on the Magic Keyboard wit num pad. Really annoying. Turning Bluetooth on and off for each one or restarting the Mac solves both issues but for me this is not a solution…

I'm also experiencing this issue.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1 - latest official version

MacBook M1 Pro 14 (2021)

I have MacBook Pro M1 2021 15.1. I have similar issue. When I swipe right it scrolls back. I even tried Magic Trackpad it behaves same. It is very irritating. i will be happy if some one have the solution.

Same here – Monterey 12.1 MBP2021 M1 Max

Same scrolling issue on a one week old MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10 core, macOS Monterey 12.0.1