Scrolling Issue in macOS Monterey (21A5522h) M1 Macbook Pro

Hello,

I have been facing an issue since I updated to the latest beta version. Scrolling randomly stops working until I left my fingers off the trackpad and then scroll again.

I'm not sure if this is a bug related to the latest version, or it is a hardware issue.

Any one having similar behavior?

• Similar problems here too - M1 MBAir (21A5522h). Never saw the issue prior to latest OS upgrade

• Ok, I'm a bit relieved knowing that it is a bug, not a hardware issue 😅. I hope they release an update soon to fix this, it is a really annoying bug.

• i have this same issue occur right after i installed to macOS monterey (oct 2021) bug has not fixed, almost purchased a new magic mouse. hope they fix it soon

Accepted Reply

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to be fixed with the latest beta update (21A5534d)

• I have the same issue on macOs 12.0.1 (21A559). Every time the system goes to sleep it wakes with no scroll on magic mouse and I have to restart to recover it. Hope there will be a fix soon.

• I am on a 2020 M1 Macbook Air. My OS is Monterey 12.0.1. There are no current updates available. My Apple BT mouse stopped scrolling. I changed it out with another apple mouse from a different computer and at first it worked but now that mouse will not scroll. Both are scrolling with my desktop iMac. It also has the latests Monterey OS. The problem is not resolved.

• 12.1 has this issue with low power mode with my Macbook Pro 14". Two finger scrolling stops working quite frequently.

Replies

Hi, have the same problem on my Macbook (12.0 Beta (21A5522h))

• Just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to be fixed with the latest beta update (21A5534d)

Add a Comment

I have the same issue with my Mac Mini M1. It stops scrolling on browsers and it starts jumping around on other applications. I filed a bug report. I hope they fix it for the final release because it makes the Magic Trackpad useless. Here is a quick video I made to show the problem. At first, it seems to work but then stops scrolling and fails two or three more times. It keeps failing every three or four attempts or every four or five seconds. I tried everything, but nothing solves the issue. It looks like a bug in Monterrey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxhW7biM5m0

• Yes! this is the exact same behavior I'm getting with my mac. I really hope they fix it even before the final release.

Add a Comment

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to be fixed with the latest beta update (21A5534d)

• I have the same issue on macOs 12.0.1 (21A559). Every time the system goes to sleep it wakes with no scroll on magic mouse and I have to restart to recover it. Hope there will be a fix soon.

• I am on a 2020 M1 Macbook Air. My OS is Monterey 12.0.1. There are no current updates available. My Apple BT mouse stopped scrolling. I changed it out with another apple mouse from a different computer and at first it worked but now that mouse will not scroll. Both are scrolling with my desktop iMac. It also has the latests Monterey OS. The problem is not resolved.

• 12.1 has this issue with low power mode with my Macbook Pro 14". Two finger scrolling stops working quite frequently.

This again seems to be happening in macOS 12.0.1 (21A558)

Feedback submitted - FB9716734

Experiencing same issue on macOS 12.0.1 on 5K iMac 2020.

Also experiencing this issue with 12.0.1 on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) using wireless Magic Mouse

12.0.1, iMac 5K 2019 same problem with my Magic Mouse.

Srolling issue with magic mouse - macOS Monterey 12.0.1 macbook air m1 2020

I am having a scrolling issue using Magic Mouse after install of Monterey. I have had to restart my mouse three times today by powering it off and on to resume scrolling function. I haven't noticed an issue with the trackpad yet.

MacBook Air M1 Monterey - the same bug

Same problem here. Magic Mouse worked fine on BigSur. Updated to monterey and now scrolling does not work after the laptop was sleeping. I have to disconnect and connect it. Weird thing is the mouse works fine for clicking and pointing.

• Same problem as above. After my laptop wakes from sleep, unable to scroll with a Magic Mouse (A1657) until I reconnect it via Bluetooth.

Add a Comment

I have the same problem on a 2020 MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1). Problem randomly appears and disappears, two finger scrollings stops completly while cursor reacts to one finger movements without issues. After a while scrolling resumes. I understand I have the latest (and released) version (12.0.1), thus it seems the latest update did not fix the bug.

Add a Comment

I have the same issue - Monterey 12.0.1. No scrolling or "swiping" gestures at all with Magic Mouse. Turning power off and reconnecting did not even temporarily resolve the issue - however removing the device in "System Preferences | Bluetooth" got everything back working. I guess we will see for how long... 

Same scrolling issue here since Monterey 12.0.1 update on my MacBook Air M1,2020. Also have issue with Keyboard where F4 doesn't open launchpad and light on CAPS lock doesn't turn on. Turning both Magic Keyboard and Mouse off fixes issue, but annoying.

The same thing happened to me! I downloaded Monterey and now my apple mouse will not scroll! This is annoying! please fix it Apple! I shut down my macbook and then powered it up again and the mouse started scrolling, but if you leave it idle it reverts to not scrolling again!!!

• I have the same issue with my 2020 M1 mac mini. I have to reboot to get scrolling back to normal.

Add a Comment