Scrolling Issue in macOS Monterey (21A5522h) M1 Macbook Pro

Hello,

I have been facing an issue since I updated to the latest beta version. Scrolling randomly stops working until I left my fingers off the trackpad and then scroll again.

I'm not sure if this is a bug related to the latest version, or it is a hardware issue.

Any one having similar behavior?

• Similar problems here too - M1 MBAir (21A5522h). Never saw the issue prior to latest OS upgrade

• Ok, I'm a bit relieved knowing that it is a bug, not a hardware issue 😅. I hope they release an update soon to fix this, it is a really annoying bug.

• i have this same issue occur right after i installed to macOS monterey (oct 2021) bug has not fixed, almost purchased a new magic mouse. hope they fix it soon

Accepted Reply

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that the issue seems to be fixed with the latest beta update (21A5534d)

• I have the same issue on macOs 12.0.1 (21A559). Every time the system goes to sleep it wakes with no scroll on magic mouse and I have to restart to recover it. Hope there will be a fix soon.

• I am on a 2020 M1 Macbook Air. My OS is Monterey 12.0.1. There are no current updates available. My Apple BT mouse stopped scrolling. I changed it out with another apple mouse from a different computer and at first it worked but now that mouse will not scroll. Both are scrolling with my desktop iMac. It also has the latests Monterey OS. The problem is not resolved.

• 12.1 has this issue with low power mode with my Macbook Pro 14". Two finger scrolling stops working quite frequently.

Replies

same problem on mba m1 Monterey 12.3.1. when two finger up scroll jumps

To solve the problem - turn off this option.

But it is a bug and this should be fixed by developers

• This worked for me! This issue has been bugging me for so long but this has finally fixed it.

Add a Comment

I've disabled Low power mode and Optimise video streaming while on battery from System Preferences -> Battery and It works for me.

Turning off low power mode on battery seemed to fix this for me

Why is this STILL NOT FIXED?

I've just bought a brand new MB Pro M1 14-inch, running Monterey 12.5 and when scrolling continuously, it will just stop and ignore my finger swipes every 5 seconds or so.

This occurs on ALL applications, not just Chrome or Safari.

FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

I purchased the 2021 MB Pro M1 Pro and it had an early version of Monterrey without this bug. The moment I upgraded MACOS this bug occurred and I was forced to downgrade the OS to 12.0.1 (I think it was but something early) This was back in December 2021! At the time I tried everything at a huge waste of time including wiping the HD, reset anything possible on the mac, upgrading to beta versions, nothing worked. Only on the OS the mac was shipped with does the bug NEVER occur.

So I am busy and have no time and I wasted over 2o hours on this so for the past 14 months I kept the original OS and worked with my Mac as is. This is a $3500 Mac I spent my hard earned money on obviously...

No 14 months later I made sure I had a time machine backup, upgraded to the latest version of Ventura, and the bug is back. I am now forced to downgrade to an OS version that is out of date by almost 1.5 years.

How can this bug not be fixed yet and why is it effecting only some of us? It must be a hardware issue. I happens on all apps,. Scroll suddenly doesn't work and I need to release my fingers from the trackpad or magic mouse to scroll again. After computer restart the bug doesn't exist until it goes into sleep and wakes up, it ALWAYS wakes up with the bug.

It is sooo annoying, it is not possible to work this way.

I have the same problem on a new MacBook Pro 16" with M3 Pro and macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. In the low-power mode, two-finger scrolling is not recognized occasionally (while intensive browsing, every minute or so). I can move my fingers over the trackpad, but the cursor just doesn't scroll or move at all. After I lift my fingers, the touchpad continues to work as expected again. I noticed that while using Chrome, Safari, Slack and Activity Monitor, so it doesn't seem to be an application-specific issue.