Xcode 13 - make system run out of application memory

After I upgrade to Xcode - 13 I have this problem, every time I try to generate preview in any file, Xcode take more than a minute and the system runs out off application memory:

then system become unstable and never recover even closing Xcode, I try restarting but the system hangs and need to make a force shutdown. I reinstalled Xcode more than once and still have the issue. Im running on intel MacBook Pro 2020 BigSur 11.6

Accepted Reply

Sorry to hear you are having problems when using previews in xcode. We aren't tracking any known issues that would result in the symptoms you are describing, so the best way for us to help you would be a feedback report with a sysdiagnose attached (I'd suggest generating it using the Terminal app and invoking sudo sysdiagnose Xcode).

Report back here with the feedback ID and I'll make sure it gets looked at as soon as possible!

• Hi, I generated the report, it 's about 350 MB. How can I send it. I don't know what feedback id is? sysdiagnose_2021.09.27_15-32-48-0300_xcode_macOS_MacBookPro16-3_20G165.tar.gz

• Sorry here is feedback ID:FB9659428

• I am having the same problem. On my first system I am using an M1 MacMini with 8GB. This system is running macOS Monetary 12.0.1. (System1) On my second system I am using an Intel iMac 5K with 32GB. This system is running macOS Big Sur 11.6. (System2)

System1 handles the situation a little better by throwing up the "Force Quit Applications" window and highlighting Xcode as the culprit. This usually gives me the opportunity to kill it before my system is totally locked-up.

System2, the one with more memory, is far worse. It comes to a grinding halt and I usually have to power it off or wait for the watchdog.

The net result is that I cannot get any work done when using SwiftUI. Not ideal. Please help. I will open a serrate issue and upload feedback per your instructions to gmolluso.

Replies

Sorry to hear you are having problems when using previews in xcode. We aren't tracking any known issues that would result in the symptoms you are describing, so the best way for us to help you would be a feedback report with a sysdiagnose attached (I'd suggest generating it using the Terminal app and invoking sudo sysdiagnose Xcode).

Report back here with the feedback ID and I'll make sure it gets looked at as soon as possible!

• Hi, I generated the report, it 's about 350 MB. How can I send it. I don't know what feedback id is? sysdiagnose_2021.09.27_15-32-48-0300_xcode_macOS_MacBookPro16-3_20G165.tar.gz

• Sorry here is feedback ID:FB9659428

• I am having the same problem. On my first system I am using an M1 MacMini with 8GB. This system is running macOS Monetary 12.0.1. (System1) On my second system I am using an Intel iMac 5K with 32GB. This system is running macOS Big Sur 11.6. (System2)

System1 handles the situation a little better by throwing up the "Force Quit Applications" window and highlighting Xcode as the culprit. This usually gives me the opportunity to kill it before my system is totally locked-up.

System2, the one with more memory, is far worse. It comes to a grinding halt and I usually have to power it off or wait for the watchdog.

The net result is that I cannot get any work done when using SwiftUI. Not ideal. Please help. I will open a serrate issue and upload feedback per your instructions to gmolluso.